Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Final Fantasy 8 is the best one out of 'em all.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because Zell and Selphie are the greatest except for Rikku and Barret.

Quote Originally Posted by Takero View Post
    FF VIII ia all about minor details . if you dont look at things just because they are overshadowed you are gonna lose the entire plot and the story.
    Well, if that's the case, then it fails right there. You shouldn't have to nitpick minor details to experience the overall plot; that's just bad narrative.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Originally Posted by Omecle ^
    Originally Posted by Takero ^
    FF VIII ia all about minor details . if you dont look at things just because they are overshadowed you are gonna lose the entire plot and the story .
    Well, if that's the case, then it fails right there. You shouldn't have to nitpick minor details to experience the overall plot; that's just bad narrative.
    I disagree with you on that .I love to go and search for little clues to help undrestand the game and the story and such . And FF VIII is full of such details . You understand the overall plot by just going through the game , but you miss many things that are burried under and you have to dig deep to understand them .

Originally Posted by NeoCracker ^

The problem is when you have to sift through mounds of crap to find the minor details.

In the case off FF VIII, we aren't just looking for the moments that are good, you have to look past the waves of garbage just to find them.

Especially when I lost none of the plot and story in this game without all those supposed minor details. Those two things are obvious, just horribly constructed.
    Again I Disagree . FF VIII isn't full of mounds of crap in my oppinion . I think it's a fairly godd games with a good story and gameplay , but the details are what making the story of this game more than a normal good story , and Squall's change is one of the best parts of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Takero View Post
    I disagree with you on that .I love to go and search for little clues to help undrestand the game and the story and such . And FF VIII is full of such details . You understand the overall plot by just going through the game , but you miss many things that are burried under and you have to dig deep to understand them .
    That's great that you love to do that. But if you say others need to do that or else they miss a lot of the story or hidden meanings and understandings in order to experience the plot as a whole, then it's a huge flaw.

Also on a slightly different note, there is nothing in FFVIII that is "deep". Nothing.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It has hotdogs! I love hotdogs especially with chilli and mustard! Any FF with hotdogs is a good FF. FFVII came close with honeybee inn and random whores.

FF8 is the best of them, even when you acknowledge the flaws, which strengthen the game rather than weaken it. Anyone who does not appreciate 8 is a basic ass bitch.