Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    It looks kinda boring.
    That was my first thought. "Eh, so what?"

Blog Entries

I am really looking forward this film I knew Tim Burton was great until I saw Beetlejuice and there he is almost like a God to me. Johny Depp is really scary I love his eyes and his make-up th eonly thing I'm not really thrilled is the White Queen eyebrows (really stupid thing to look at but everything seems so cute and her thick brown eyebrows clashes against the white hair) I was watching Disney's Alice in Wonderland and if he's making a really dark version of it it should be really nice. March 5th.... GOD we still have a long time to wait

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It looks great, I can't wait to see it. I've always liked Alice.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The movie isn't Alice in Wonderland as we know it. The story is suppose to be that alice goes back to wonderland but she doesn't remember it and somethign has happened to wonderland.

Off she runs, following a white rabbit into a hole and ending up in Wonderland, a place she visited 10 years before yet doesn't remember.

So I dunno, not so much aimed at young kids I don't think more of your tweens and teens.

I think it looks brilliant. But then, I would say that being quite a big Burton fan. Although, I hope for his next film he goes back to a style more along the lines of Sleepy Hollow. That would have to be my favourite Burton film.

It has the Rickman in it too YAY
    I will never be a memory.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I seem to see from the trailer that Tim Burton is going to make the events alot deeper rather than random occurences, which I like.

That and Helena + Depp are my favorite things to watch.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I like Tim Burton's style, to be honest. When you go to see it, it's sort of what you expect. Kind of like Spielburg. You always expect something similar from Spielburg in a sense that you get it from Burton. The only thing is, his is so stylistic rather, where-as Spielburg is more set on the impact of character and story. Burton achieves this through setting. And his favorite setting is something warped from fairy tales.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

And when I saw sweeney todd on stage, it was terrible. But, it was just terrible acting and actors and the only good part was the poor beggar woman.

I don't get why people are moaning over Tim Burton and his style. If he didn't do it people would complain as well. Just look at Planet Of The Apes.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Planet of the Apes was simply a bad movie. Big Fish wasn't typical Johnny Depp eye liner Burton, and it was great.

No, Big Fish didn't have Depp in it, but I still thought it was very much Burton.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Planet of the Apes was simply a bad movie. Big Fish wasn't typical Johnny Depp eye liner Burton, and it was great.
    Definitely. I think it had a lot of Burton elements, like the part with the witch, and with the ghost town, but he was just a lot more.... subtle, perhaps is the word, about it. And I think the subtly really made the movie beautiful.

That reminds me, I need to pop that DVD into my computer and watch it again, I've not watched it in about a year~

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    I don't get why people are moaning over Tim Burton and his style. If he didn't do it people would complain as well. Just look at Planet Of The Apes.
    I'd like to see him do something different instead of another ~gothic and quirky and unusual~ story full of severely underweight characters with eyes the size of bowling balls and pneumonia that's exactly the same as everything he's done since Nighmare Before Christmas. It's getting really very dull for me now, and it irritates me because he is talented but I honestly think he's not even trying to be original anymore, he's just milking his little ~alternative~ cash cow. I'd much rather he tried something else.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    No, Big Fish didn't have Depp in it, but I still thought it was very much Burton.
    It was Burton, but it wasn't rote, bullet-by-bullet, paint-by-numbers Burton. It was dreary and dreamy and sentimental without feeling like it was manufactured for Hot Topic. He should do more like that.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, also getting sick of the whole Hot Topic thing. I'll see it only if other people that I know would want to go.