Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What effect or impact has Final Fantasy had on you?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, I wasn't aware that so many people actually developed romantic relationships through EoFF. I kinda figured that some of you just told your significant other to register and join in on the fun.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FF games made me come here, comming here made me meet awesome people and meet the one dude who could possibly ever give me a direct competition for energy abundance which is obviously Psychotic

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Final Fantasy is largely responsible for my continual passing of school. As far-fetched as it sounds, a lot of the content has been relevant to my studies. Even if it hasn't, I've made it relevant so as to increase enthusiasm and get the work done.

Quite recently I had to write 600 words of continuous prose on using the concept of circles. I wrote about Spira's spiral of death (which I called a circle of death for convenience).

Also helps with spelling. All that reading of dialogue boxes made me a master speller throughout primary school (high school not so much, they start teaching you really hard words that FF wouldn't need to use).

/nerd

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

It had a surprisingly good impact on my English studies which resulted in that being the class I excelled at, damn Japan and it's way of creating stories involving swords and mechs existing in the same universe and still making it seem awesome.

Also helped evolve my gaming skillzzz majorly, develop appreciation for such kinds of games and more sentimental crap thats making me sound like a 13 year old girl.

Yeah

Final Fantasy is my orgasm, my weed and my afternoon lemon cakes all in one.

DMC is my Wine though, and it always, always will be.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

VII blew me away in such a way that it's my standard on judging awe-factor in games. For instance, the Shadow of the Colossus game world was beautifully rendered and thematically relevant to the plot, but it wasn't no landscape-shot-as-the-team-decides-to-leave-Midgar-for-the-first-time or climbing-Mt.-Corel-during-sunset-amongst-the-industry-wreckage-to-the-tune-of-the-game's-main-theme.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I guess maybe for some of the same reasons as Momiji. My life wasn't hard by any means, but I found myself staying home more and more when I was younger, and JRPG's were able to fulfill that time like nothing else. They were fun, colorful, with great music and interesting stories, and I just got sucked into both the story and game aspects.

Final Fantasy VII was one of the games I bought a playstation for, and it was an amazing experience. VIII kind of let me down, but playing IX and X when they came out were some of my favorite times. A few years ago I ran through all of them, probably around the same time I joined this forum and it's easily one of my favorite game series. It's also the reason that I played games like Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto. I went from NES to Genesis to Playstation and Sony really provided me with the kind of games I wanted to play, and does to this day.

Me and my gf both share a love of video games and I don't know if that hobby would stay as relevant as it is if it weren't for the FF series.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> FF is the closest thing to a religion for me..
    so yeah, FF has a big impact in my life.

got that square?, you own me a new life now...
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..