Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Friend you can Rely Aeon

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Yup, I got addicted to stat maxing once or twice.

Used em for the occasional boss fight and the Monster Arena.

It's smurfing sad that they put that effort into them yet if you actually follow the Sphere Grid right then you almost never NEED them in a normal story run.

bahmut and his overdrive kicked everythings ass for me

Mostly for the monster arena (as part of the common Nemesis strategy) and for the pure pleasure of summoning.

i realy liked to play with the aeons, sometimes u need them sometimes not. what we can do XD
    Your sig is over the 250 pixel height limit and the 50kb filesize. Please read the signature rules
    [!]
    --!>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Eureka! Passado FTW!

Apart from the monster arena and using Passado with impunity, then I used them for dramatic effect.

Its quite nice finishing off a Boss with says Shiva's Diamond Dust etc.

Its quite sad when you had to (SPOILER)Kill them off. That sucked.

I used Anima and the Magus Sisters a lot. But I just really love those Aeons, especially the sisters. They are just so cool and I like to see Yuna dance .
    Other argument is that in my opinion Anima and the Magus Sisters are the best Aeons. They can really kick some ass.

Anima and Magus Sisters are really the only ones to consider worth using unless you wanted to break the damage limit before having ultimate weapons in which youd summon Bahamut, Mega Flare, dismiss him, and kill the boss/whatever if its still alive.

Yeah, Aeons broke the game's battle system. Up until a certain point, (SPOILER)the end of the game, you could breeze your way through this game with Bahamut.

I used mostly Anima and Magus Sisters, but also other ones. I found it handy to be able to summon an aeon just before I knew that a big hit was coming.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Aeons make excellent cannon fodder.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Banned

I used them all the time on my first playthrough. I would do that thing on the harder bosses, like Seymore Flux, where you cheese and just summon one aeon after the other to use their overdrive and then they die, repeat until all of them are dead. It worked well.

In fact, VIII and X are really the only two where I used summons regularly throughout the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I only used aeons when required (Besaid fights, Belgmene, Isaaru), in the monster farm and on special occasions. Special occasions are like Anima in Macalania or Chocobo Eater on Mi'ihen Highroad.

Aeons are mighty, but they take away the AP, and that's not good. Till Zanarkand I actually try and get every character into every battle in order to get AP with all chars.

They're pretty nice in the NSGIENC challenge, though, as they also become stronger as you fight random battles. (Yuna's stats make that obsolete later, though)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Aeons are mighty, but they take away the AP, and that's not good.
    I dont recall aeons lessening the AP the party gets. If anything they increase the AP because theyre more likely to get overkill
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

First time through, I used them in big battles against bosses, and when I was really in need of some help to get out of a jam.

Nowadays, I barely use them, as my use of the sphere grid is much much better. I pull out Bahamut almost exclusively, if only for fun. I gave him some extra abilities -- like Full-Life, Zombiestrike, and Curaga. This way, he has, in addition to highest level magic, he can also use white magic and be a totally self-sustaining character in his own right. Leveling up the Aeons (via strength, etc.) is too costly of items that are better utilized on the regular characters.

I imagine once I get Anima and Magus Sisters and make my run at the monster arena, I will have to use them... however, my characters are developing nicely, so it may not be an issue.

I think it comes down to how well you utilize the sphere grid w.r.t. the main characters.