Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Game +

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post
    Its fun for lawls but theres no challenge in a new game + so i never play it .
    RE5 would be impossibile without new game + on harded difficulties imho

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> New Game+ are fun but I like more the idea of unlocking some new crazy dungeons after you beat the game, just like Valkyrie Profile and that awesome place called "Seraphic Gate" .
    I have a couple of big problems with using this system instead of NG+.

First, the two systems are not incompatible. You can unlock extra content after the main story without preventing the use of NG+. So have both.

Second, the new content does not stay new. Quests unlocked after the main plot get completed once, then they go away just as quickly as the main story. Dungeons are usually repeatable, but why make just that one dungeon repeatable (and forcing the repetition of just the single small section) when you could make the entire game repeatable with NG+?

And, Third, I don't see much point. There's no reason the uber-dungeons couldn't be unlocked before you beat the game.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> New Game+ are fun but I like more the idea of unlocking some new crazy dungeons after you beat the game, just like Valkyrie Profile and that awesome place called "Seraphic Gate" .
    I have a couple of big problems with using this system instead of NG+.

First, the two systems are not incompatible. You can unlock extra content after the main story without preventing the use of NG+. So have both.

Second, the new content does not stay new. Quests unlocked after the main plot get completed once, then they go away just as quickly as the main story. Dungeons are usually repeatable, but why make just that one dungeon repeatable (and forcing the repetition of just the single small section) when you could make the entire game repeatable with NG+?

And, Third, I don't see much point. There's no reason the uber-dungeons couldn't be unlocked before you beat the game.
    Radiata Stories is the game for you!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've always wondered why SE saves NG+ for the more 'experimental' titles.

It works best in games with branching storylines, so you can play through several times to experience everything. Chrono Cross did it best by combing those features with FF and Slow buttons.

I appreciated its inclusion in the later Suikoden games, combined with loading bonus content from the previous game in the series (something that was seriously bungled in FFVIII). Suikoden Tactics became a breeze using Lazlo (Hero IV).

As has been mentioned, FFX-2 has a great game mechanics clothed in a mediocre sequel.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like the way the Tales series have a New game+. Throughout the game you earn grade based on how you fight, and at the end of the game you can start over and use the grade to carry over stuff from your old file or enhance the next game.