Thread: The Horrible Reward Of Beating Sephiroth :o

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    [
    I didn't find either difficult, beating them in the mid-70s, but what was hardest for me about KH2 Sephy was actually finishing him off with a combo. I had basically drained his HP by using combos and finishing them, but it took me over five minutes when he had no HP left to actually finish the combo for God knows what reason. It was maddening.
    Sounds to me like you were using abilities that remove "Finishing blows" which is why it took so long to beat him. Its one of the few annoying things about the combat system but I prefer it over KH1's dreadful camera...

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I found KH1 Sephiroth more difficult because it took me a while to learn how to counter the moves he uses. I definitely found that he was required more skill than the KH2 one did. But perhaps I was just better at KH by the time I took on the KH2 Sephiroth.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

In KH2 I nearly had him on level 55. I got him right down to zero but he wasn't officially beat, you know? You have to keep hitting him a bit? I didn't use any extra abilities and used the Decisive Pumpkin as it is my favourite keyblade (better than ultima weapon imo) That battle made me angry. An angry girl with a Playstation controller can be an ugly sight, I tell you.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by x~Agita~x View Post
    I got him right down to zero but he wasn't officially beat, you know? You have to keep hitting him a bit?
    Technically, you only have to land a move with the "finisher" flag.

Isn't this meant to be the single-toughest as in tougher-than-the-end-boss battle in the game? And in that case, does that not mean that he's not even particularly useful for leveling as he's the thing you might need to level up for in the first place? :P

I broke the controller many times fighting him.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Isn't this meant to be the single-toughest as in tougher-than-the-end-boss battle in the game? And in that case, does that not mean that he's not even particularly useful for leveling as he's the thing you might need to level up for in the first place? :P
    You act as though no one's ever picked up a controller and ever learned anything from past experiences, Churchland.

In KHI, the arguably more difficult battles are with Kurt Zisa and the Phantom.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Phantom...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Haunting My Game

The Phantom was torture. Not only was the KH1 camera bad, flying was a very slight hinderance too, plus his bloody homing missles... the Doom countdown and the Orb which only took a certain magic (Or when its White a physical Attack) made him argubly harder.

Quote Originally Posted by mattkd View Post
    Has anyone ever had trouble beating Sephiroth in kingdom hearts 1? and tried fighting him multiple times? well stop right now because all you get for beating him is absolutely nothing. I had a gameshark that took me to lv 255 and with max hp and stuff and he was still way too hard to beat, but once i beat hm on my 20th try, all I got was a waste of my life since you get nothing.
    anyone ever beat this guy without cheats?
    Actually, there is a reason to fight Sephi, but barely any one knows bout it. In the game Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, a director's cut version of the first Kingdom Hearts, after u beat him, u receive one of my favorite Keyblades (drumroll) One-Winged Angel (FF victory fanfare) Woot

YouTube - Imma firin mah DEATH STAR!

Neosin, please don't post several times in a row. Use the edit function if you want to add something. -Rantzien

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

KH1 Sephiroth took me to the cleaners many times, till I finally beat him around level 70-something. As for KH2... I haven't bothered completing the game itself yet - that final fight got frustrating and apparently it's wise to learn a bunch of Drive abilities first, which I never bothered with while actually playing through the game.

So I took on KH2 Sephiroth at level 50-ish, and lasted less than 10 seconds. I wasn't expecting to win anyway, but it was still some pretty swift carnage.

What kind of abilities and tactics do you recommend for that fight? I'm currently wasting time by Drive-grinding to get more abilities, but I'd rather do that as little as is necessary to achieve a comfortable victory, either in the final battle or against Sephiroth.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    What kind of abilities and tactics do you recommend for that fight? I'm currently wasting time by Drive-grinding to get more abilities, but I'd rather do that as little as is necessary to achieve a comfortable victory, either in the final battle or against Sephiroth.
    Aerial Dodge and High Jump (Valor and Master Forms, respectively). Most of your fight will be fought in the midair, simply because he has quite a few attacks that strike a horizontal area. The only way to avoid them consistently is through Guard or dodging up. Also, it's the only way to get high enough and quickly enough to reach Sephiroth while he's preparing a DHA (Sin Harvest). Second Chance and Once More are absolutely required here, assuming you get hit.

Assuming we don't use the Square button (which we don't), the easiest way would be to equip your best Keyblade, and take advantage of Berserk Charge. If you get knocked into the air by an attack, use Retaliating Slash (lol Square wut) when he shows up to attack you; this causes him to get hit, and thus begins a long chain of hits. While your MP is gone, you'll never be able to complete your combo attacks. Normally this is disadvantageous, but in the air, there is very little for Sephiroth to do other than get hit.

MP Charge goes on for quite some time. Whenever you get back to Blue MP, heal yourself, and repeat the process. If he happens to have 1 HP left, and your MP is about to recharge fully, just keep wailing away and let your combo complete itself on the next attack.

Alternatively, you can spam Reflect in a firestorm.

If you're mad skilled with your timing, you can spam Trinity as well, without having to worry about your defenses.

For the final boss, the battle is largely fought in midair as well, but there's many more Reaction Commands to get through. Still, it's a good idea to take advantage of Berserk Charge and wail away when you can. There will be very large portions of the fight where instead of hitting X, you'll be hitting the Triangle, instead. Guard is your friend, especially for the stationary lasers. However, unlike the Sephiroth fight, no Form abilities are absolutely necessary, just Guard (assuming you know how to use it), and a cobbling of whatever abilities you find to be the most useful to you.

I don't recommend relying on Berserk Charge to deal most of your damage, though. This is mostly because the clone likes to get in your way a lot, and knock you out of an attack, or even cause you to hit the wrong boss. This wastes time and effort. And your MP, especially. However, consider Trinity Limit and Session spam, as well. These are good ways to get rid of your MP for Berserk.

For the Riku portion, spam Aura. That's about it.
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 10-20-2009 at 09:39 PM.

i liked to do things the hard way in KH 1. I also got very lucky. I managed(after tons of tries and after learning timing) i was able to to beat him on hard mode at level 47 or so. Guard is helpful.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Very handy advice Tavrobel, thank you. Just one question though :
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Assuming we don't use the Square button (which we don't), the easiest way would be to equip your best Keyblade, and take advantage of Berserk Charge. If you get knocked into the air by an attack, use Retaliating Slash (lol Square wut) when he shows up to attack you; this causes him to get hit, and thus begins a long chain of hits. While your MP is gone, you'll never be able to complete your combo attacks. Normally this is disadvantageous, but in the air, there is very little for Sephiroth to do other than get hit.
    How come square's a bad idea? I don't use it much as is, mainly 'cause Guard is slow, but I seem to be missing something too.

Quote Originally Posted by mattkd View Post
    Wow, I never thought bout experience. in kingdom hearts 2 you get a much better reward. you get a really long strong keyblade that looks like a sword rather than a keyblade plus you get to watch a cool cutscene with cloud and sephiroth
    but hes really hard in kingdom hearts 2 but at least hes beatable unlike in kingdom hearts 1
    although its kind of a bummer fenrir nocks your combo down by one
    i tend to use it with valor form
    Stalpho Slayer