Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I must have played too many RPGs

Default I must have played too many RPGs

because when I walk around my house at night I fear random encounters.

My fear is heightened because most of the time I am weaponless and nsfwmostly naked. This leaves me very vulnerable to attack and my hand-to-hand combat skills are at their minimum, meaning I would die quickly whilst doing minimal damage to my assailant, be it man or beast (or machine).

So I present to you, readers of General Chat, these questions.

1) Do you constantly take account of your surroundings and attempt to defend yourself in the best way possible? Are you ever watchful for would-be attackers? Do you practice constant vigilance? Do you consider how you would deal with an attack?

2) Have any popular media affected your life such that they have changed your outlook on the world? This could be video games, movies, music, comic books, ANYTHING.

Yes, I'm paranoid.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

no

yes

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm just like you Denmark, except everywhere. Too many video games has left me with all sorts of weird ideas about what lies just out of sight.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

yes i always take a look at my surrounding and thing what would be the best defence tool

and no they havent really affected my life that much i just think ill always do that out of paranoia

just stay out of the bushes, them T-rexaurs could pop out onto the side-walks at any time.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Before I do something stupid, and this counts for anything like breaking up with a girl or jumping off a roof etc., I think "Maybe I should save first!". But then I realize I'm playing real-life and get a little sad that I don't have that option.

On a side note, I was playing Halo live earlier and when an enemy noticed mine and one of my friends' name he sang the victory theme, rather well I might add, right as I killed him. You have no idea how much joy I felt at that moment. Completely unrelated to the topic, but I felt it needed to be shared.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm not the only one! We should form a party!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You talkin' to me?

I call dibs on any weapon drops.

We should farm those punks in the hoodies who spawn in the abandoned factories and nightclubs.

I hear they give lots of AP.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hahaha While I agree with that, this is probably a discussion for another thread. Correctional posts scare me.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(1) is a reasonably sensible way to do stuff, provided it's not foremost on your mind and making you prone to irrational concerns. Knowing what kind of environment you're in, and keeping the hazards in mind, is a good approach that can help to reduce a number of dangers, both natural and human.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Before I do something stupid, and this counts for anything like breaking up with a girl or jumping off a roof etc., I think "Maybe I should save first!". But then I realize I'm playing real-life and get a little sad that I don't have that option.
    Ah yes, emulators have spoiled me on this account. Savestates would make life so much easier.

Also, I always wish I could Ctrl+F when I've lost things in real life.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Ah yes, emulators have spoiled me on this account. Savestates would make life so much easier.

Also, I always wish I could Ctrl+F when I've lost things in real life.
    This, and bookmarking several locations would make travel so much easier.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to look around for signs of attack ect and defensive positions but thats just who I am I like to know I'm secure in the area before letting myself relax. So yes the funny stuff is like the posters stockroom (my hidey hole) at work in HMV the windows overlook oxford street and are mirrored to be 1 way glass looking out. Therefore I can stand there spying on people we call it my "snipers nest" all I need is the rifle now.

Also Queensway Tube station theres a narrow corridor in there what leads from the lifts to the exit. In the corridor it is COMPLETELY 100% covered by CCTV with 0 blindspots and so I often just think "Damn I need a chaff grenade here" in homage to MGS.

Also question 2) YES.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As sad and all as it is to admit whenever I play an RPG or watch an anime it affects my life. Can't say I don't like it though I think escapism is important otherwise life is just way too serious!