Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rewrite the ending

In my ending Kuja is coming back from the depths of the pit he fell in and takes on the Zidane and company by surprise. After the short battle, Kuja defeats them all and creates an entirely new world. He takes Zidane as his slave and Garnet as his wife. No one will ever call him crossdresser again.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    ...so many sad endings to an otherwise upbeat game.
    Despite its cheerful graphical style I found the game to be quite somber, dark, and serious. A happily ever after ending would seem out of place to me.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

For Fratley's memory to magically return during the ending would be too predictably convenient; that he has to rebuild his relationship with Freya the hard way feels much more meaningful. It's the same with Salamander suddenly becoming a nice guy: I'd rather accept that he's always going to be kind of a jerk, but has at least learned not to dismiss others so brazenly. :salamander:

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I think it's more magical that Freya and him build a new future. :freya:

You only look at the negatives here people, there are plenty of posotive points.

As mentioned, the rebuilding of Fratley and Freya, the Blackmages, while their lives are short, have managed to accept themselves and find a place within society.

Eiko really didn't have any bitterness in her ending, at all. Unless you count losing Zidane to Garnet. I mean she has a large group of friends, and even a place to call home with Cid.

And I don't think it's possible for Quina to be sad.

And Zidane obviously gets a happy ending.

Really, Cid is the only one with no brightside, now that he has to raise the little twat...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Bt he always wanted a child as you could hear in his voice in the ending. I don't think that Hilda could have ever had kids, must be somethign wrong with her fertitlity and it gave him joy that he has the opportunity to be a father.

I didn't understand your Vivi thing GuardianXIII especially about the shaking hands and crowd part or that other guy who said that Vivi's sons were confusing and unnecessary. I think that the ending is practially perfect. The only other thing I would've liked to have seen though is Vivi's grave at either the Black Mage Village or Alexandria castle since that's where four of his friends are currently staying.

Garnet probably layed him to rest at the village though.

Quote Originally Posted by trancekuja View Post
    In my ending Kuja is coming back from the depths of the pit he fell in and takes on the Zidane and company by surprise. After the short battle, Kuja defeats them all and creates an entirely new world. He takes Zidane as his slave and Garnet as his wife. No one will ever call him crossdresser again.
    l o l thats great

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I wasn't saying I didn't agree with the actual ending. Rye asked what we would have changed and I thought that the Black Mages finding a way to live would be nice is all. Didn't think it'd be a big deal.

1) You are posting on a board full of FF IX fanboys, EVERYTHING is a big deal. :P

2) This kind of thread is no fun if you can't go the back and forth over some peoples Ideas. The debate, discussion, and arguing is most of the fun.

3) I like numbered lists. ^_^

wau, this is getting so stupid.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    1) You are posting on a board full of FF IX fanboys, EVERYTHING is a big deal. :P

2) This kind of thread is no fun if you can't go the back and forth over some peoples Ideas. The debate, discussion, and arguing is most of the fun.

3) I like numbered lists. ^_^
    Noted. Especially the last one.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Not really, xD. It wasn't so much a debate more of you telling him that he was wrong and you were right, neo.

Vivi surviving all the way. The story already has all those dark themes, spice it up just a tad.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Vivi's grappling with mortality is foremost among the game's themes, as well as its most mature. To dash it at the end, to say, "Oh, you didn't need to worry about this after all! Happy End!" would definitely be disappointing to me.

1) Lose the Vivi's sons bit, that made me confused for a while.

2) Also I didn't realize the words been written on screen were Vivi's, or he had passed away, until I went on a FFIX website, so something should have been done there.

3) Should have kissing scenes, example Zidane & Garnet; Capt Steiner & General Beatrix; Fratley & Freija; even the Cid & Lady Hilda. It would have made the effort of playing to the end all the more worthwhile. We all want a little romance, don't we?

4) Adding voice acting, which would apply to all other FMVs to add more "life". Currently the only way to hear Zidane's voice is on FF: Dissidia.

The only think I would have done is put in more Beatrix/Steiner action (their reaction in cut scene to the events going on) and NOT black out when she runs to him. AWE.