Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rewrite the ending

Quote Originally Posted by daggertrepe View Post
    The only think I would have done is put in more Beatrix/Steiner action (their reaction in cut scene to the events going on) and NOT black out when she runs to him. AWE.
    Quoted for truth.

I came across a thread about Lani not getting enough screen time.

FF7 has had the benefit of expansions to the storyline and even a movie. I say FF9 needs to have the same treatment, and its long overdue, that way it can expand further on Lani and other characters that didn't get enough in-game screen time, or plot holes that were left unexplained.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I dunno.

VII was different than IX. IX's story has been finished while VII has tons of stories that needed to be told. If Square made a sequel to IX I would play it, but I wouldn't expect it to be any good.

IX is the only one i've played that felt complete at the end.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Interesting, I never really saw it that way.

The story had a real hook on me, so much so I wrote two fanfics set in the FFIX universe, one of them set in the 21st Century (200 years later). Both are rather dark and have mature content.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    Let's just remove Necron from the game and call it a day.
    ^ This.

I dont like it when these games introduce a "the REAL evil, much more powerful dude" pretty much in the last minutes of the game.
    Ultimecia in FF8, even though she was introduced a bit earlier, was like this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    ^ This.

I dont like it when these games introduce a "the REAL evil, much more powerful dude" pretty much in the last minutes of the game.
    Ultimecia in FF8, even though she was introduced a bit earlier, was like this as well.
    Agreed, it was a bit abrupt and sounded like just some really bad guy who just dropped by to feast on what he hoped was a greatly weakened party.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Raven View Post
    ^ This.

Agreed, it was a bit abrupt and sounded like just some really bad guy who just dropped by to feast on what he hoped was a greatly weakened party.
    But Necron wasn't the real Evil. Really, he had nothing to do with the story as a whole.

Necron was simply the entity called by Kuja destroying the Crystal, and the whole fight with him was essentially spiritual, showing that Kuja's actions didn't represent them as a whole, but that people were overall good.

Necron wasn't the big bad evil dropped on you at the end, he was merely the result of Kuja's actions and a symbolic battle.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Raven View Post
    ^ This.

But Necron wasn't the real Evil. Really, he had nothing to do with the story as a whole.

Necron was simply the entity called by Kuja destroying the Crystal, and the whole fight with him was essentially spiritual, showing that Kuja's actions didn't represent them as a whole, but that people were overall good.

Necron wasn't the big bad evil dropped on you at the end, he was merely the result of Kuja's actions and a symbolic battle.
    Fair enough, I still would have preferred it without him though.

Don't mess with perfection. IX had the best ending of the series.

This and actually have Zidane die instead of that getting saved bs. This shoulda been the first FF where the main chara died imo since he was so annoying :twak:

Blog Entries

>> I never found Zidane annoying. In fact I always considered him the most understanding, insightful main character in all of the FF series.

Also, I wouldn't change the ending for the world.
    Well...
    I'd change one minor detail.
    One Vivi kid looking less chipper than the other 5.
    Like, not hopping up and down or dancing or anything. Just-- watching. Probably smugly.
    Don't ask me why. I'd just-- rather have it that way.

I never found Zidane annoying. In fact I always considered him the most understanding, insightful main character in all of the FF series.
    I agree completely, Zidane is imo the best male protagonist in the PS1 era.

Now being I'm writing a parody of FFIX, I have some alternate endings that I plan to do for it where in between endings you've get the Clue music "That could have been how it happened, but how about this?"

So here's a comical one, everyone boards Hilde Garde 3 no one is in earshot to hear Kuja say "Good bye, Zidane." With no there, he saids, "Um, this is the part where where you come after me and help me? Zidane?" On the ship, the game breaks the 4th wall when Steiner says "This will make a great Final Fantasy." Dagger says, "No way, this can not be come a Final Fantasy, the male lead acted his gender, the female lead acted her gender, it wouldn't work, since FFVII, it's been a parallel dimension, if this becomes Final Fantasy...I'll marry a thief."

A few days later, there's Zidane and Dagger's wedding party at the Arby's, a rip off of an Arby's commercial, Dagger is a wedding gown sitting beside Zidane in a tux, she looks at FFIX's box art saying, "Unbelievable, they didn't get my good side."

Blog Entries

Thank you for agreeing with me! 8'D So few people seem to understand what I mean. But really, after everything I've seen Zidane say, how helpful he's been to all the other protagonists when they felt down and confused, how he was THERE for everyone, made me quite optimistic in his favor.

Also, 4th wall breaking. H'awesome. xD

...Well I actually have realized one thing.
    Everyone needs Necron's purpose to be cleared up.
    Maybe if they had said one thing, that would have answered a lot of questions. Like:
    "That was Necron, the actuator of destruction" or something.
    'Course that's only what I'd ASSUME they would call him/her, since I always believed Necron's purpose was similar to deleting the trash in the recycle bin on the desktop.

Return all spam to a zero world, where live and death does not exist, only deletion. XD

Another line I got for when Necron comes in my parody, Zidane hears Necron talking and says, "If it isn't the Big Lipped Alligator Moment."

Eiko: But Zidane..I thought you loved Garnet!

Zidane: I thought I did too. But you're just so beautiful Eiko. I want to be with you.

Eiko: But...I'm only six. I think.

Zidane: There is no law against that here I'm pretty sure. I mean this is the medieval ages + a Final Fantasy game. You're practicaly middle-aged by our world's standards.