Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: US states visited and lived

Quote Originally Posted by foabi_wan_kenobi View Post
    You talkin my state?
    Actually, no, quite the opposite. It's never really fit in with the rest of the South, with its large antebellum population of free blacks, general reluctance to secede, and really happenin' little cities like Asheville. Even with the geographical challenges, it's for reasons like these that I didn't include it in the Deep South.

In this case, not fitting in with your neighbors is a compliment.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 07-27-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't consider NC part of the Deep South. I don't even really consider SC to be Deep South, nor northern GA. Southern GA and anything with a Gulf Coast is Deep South for me.

EDIT: Except Texas. Texas is Southwest.
    I consider South Carolina part of the Deep South largely from a historical perspective. It and Georgia were the two major slave states post-Revolution which forced a bunch of pro-slavery compromises in the Constitution. South Carolina continued to be a major slave state and was the most radical pro-secession state leading up to the Civil War. It continues to be the state where you see the most Confederate flags, hence my facetious comment that "at least North Carolina has largely gotten over the Civil War." Except for the coastal areas (the only places I've been), it is my understanding that the state is still very culturally south, more similar to other Deep South states than states with a bit more northern influence like Virginia.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    0. One day!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I've lived in New York and Rhode Island. I don't recommend living in
    I want to visit California, Hawaii (Rye goes somewhere west past an East Coast state for the first time in her life - I've only traveled east before!) and Charlotte, in North Carolina (Rye visits the deep South!) North Carolina sounds really pretty from what my parents have told me.
    Your NC people must live in the northern parts of Charlotte if your parents think it's pretty. Probably around Gastonia. Charlotte the city is just an awful place. I hate it, but I've also only been in the bad parts of it according to former Charlottonians.
    I concur. For the 15 years i lived in Charlotte it was mostly nothing but Trafick crack heads and gang violence. In my middle school you were NOT allowed to were a plain t-shirt cause no matter what color it was it was a gang color. There are nice parts all along the edge of charlotte though not just the north side. on the south side is ballentine witch is probably the richest nicest part of the whole city

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    North Carolina is not the Deep South. The Deep South is Louisiana to South Carolina, and even South Carolina is iffy. North Carolina has always been kind of an outcast state.
    You talkin my state?
    YEAH I cried aloud with mirth and merriment

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    You've got a point with the Civil War thing, eest. North Carolina's definitely not Deep South though, at least in my opinion. We should really ask foa about that one though.

Deep South, as far as I've always reckoned, consists of Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and south Georgia. Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia are all considered Old South. Arkansas and Kentucky are also part of the South Florida, as we all know, is part of New England.

Some historians consider the Deep South to extend far, far north of that, however, stretching up the VA coastline... but mysteriously excluding the Appalachians.

I don't consider NC part of the Deep South. I don't even really consider SC to be Deep South, nor northern GA. Southern GA and anything with a Gulf Coast is Deep South for me.

EDIT: Except Texas. Texas is Southwest.

yeap thats it theres the deep south and then just the south NC and SC are just the south Also might add that central SC is the hottest area in the whole of America exluding dead vally. in the summer Its usally between 90-110 degrees every day and that is befor you include the 85-100% hummidity levels. If youve ever experinced 100% humidity you know how god awful it is. The air is completely saturated so your sweat just stays sweat and it dosent evaparate away to cool you. The air practicly chokes and crushes you

Edit: WTF is wrong with states not in the south? Havent you people ever heard of sweet tea?
    Stayin in AZ i cant get a glass no were i ask for it and they look at me like im crazy or bring me plain tea with sugger packs. Then if i put in the suger packs they look like "ewww thats nasty.
    And i say "No that you gave me is nasty"
    Last edited by Darkswordofchaos; 07-27-2009 at 07:23 PM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Visited: Arizona, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming
    Airport: Ohio, Massachusetts, and Georgia
    Lived: California - the only place I would ever want to live in the US.