Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Help Me GTFO

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    My friend loved Alaska. All the white people that actually go to live in Hawaii that I've talked to did not like it so much; apparently they're really racist down there.

Definitely go on an adventure~ I love adventures. ^_^ Do something crazy and fun. Bike across a different continent! I would do that if I had the time/money, but to Canadia did for this year. :</>D

Or, sail across the Carribean. krissy and I will do this after I graduate from law school. I'm super serious I want to do this. D:< We just need to learn to swim first.

And Wesly, Kaycee, krissy, and I are gonna go backpacking through Europe once Wesly finishes law school! Italy would be the country that I really, really want to hit up in Europe. Top of the line fashion, beautiful country and culture. Venice <3

I also want to hit up South America at some point.
    Beautiful country, yes, but overpriced fashion. Also, I wouldnt expect too much of the water in Venice, it'l probably be the dirtiest you've ever seen lol.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

And Wesly, Kaycee, krissy, and I are gonna go backpacking through Europe once Wesly finishes law school! Italy would be the country that I really, really want to hit up in Europe. Top of the line fashion, beautiful country and culture. Venice <3
    Seriously? Book a week in Edinburgh for August if you can. I assure you: Worth it. 8-)
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sure, we plan to go everywhere, if it actually happens. xD It's 3 years from now though, sooo... we're not planning <i>too</i> much, but it's fun to talk about.

Haha yeah, I imagine fashion in Italy would be expensive. But fun to look at. :}~

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Seriously? Book a week in Edinburgh for August if you can. I assure you: Worth it. 8-)
    I hear you like walking around in your underwear when you have company over.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

BJ's totally caving. I'm starting to win and now I'm getting excited. I'm gonna start picking a place to look into living and then start job hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtsplurt View Post
    You'll definitely be able to get supply teaching work if you come to the U.K. I have a friend who has been doing supply teaching for the last term, and she was working 3-4 days per week at around £100 per day.

It's pretty good because it's flexible. If you wanted to travel to, er, Birmingham (?) then you could avoid working for a couple of days.

And BJ could become a busking one man band!
    Supply teaching is... substitute teaching? That sounds like a good plan.

And BJ would make a great one man band, I'm sure. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Despite rumblings in the media, we still need teachers in L.A. I personally know seven teachers who retired this past school year. If you're not too choosy it's very possible you could have a job down here for the fall.

My brother is finishing up his student teaching in a few weeks and will be (or has been) job hunting for an English posi<b></b>tion. I'll tell you how it goes.
    LA is not exotic or interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    I can also ask my friend Matt what he did, but he's from Australia and he came to Canada to work. It was through an agency, they set him up with a visa, a place and a job.
    I'mma look at those links when I wake up tomorrow. That sounds awesome! Except for the Canada part, ewww.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I give this a 2-3.5% chance of actually happening.

Shlup! How To Travel The World For Free (Seriously)

I didn't actually read the article...but it looks like something that could help!

*Hails Bruckner*
    *Floats away with Fabio*

I can't believe it's not Bruckner!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That article is terrifying.

You could join Teach For America or the Peace Corp if you're really looking for an adventure.

Or, you could look into being an Au Pair in another country. Many people would love for their children to learn english, so you would have a leg up there.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Those are good suggestions. I worry that things like that would make it difficult for BJ and I to stick together though. In my pre-BJ years I did aspire to be an Au Pair.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    That article is terrifying.
    Oh my god, it really is! Maybe I should have read it before posting :erm:

*Hails Bruckner*
    *Floats away with Fabio*

I can't believe it's not Bruckner!

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

You could totally move to Tennessee (after going on an adventure of some sorts). Meet some crazy back-water people, teach them there youngin's how to speak English, and get rich on an underground moonshine operation!

But in all honesty, Tennessee is one of the cheapest places to live in the US (should the US still be an option), with only the sales tax being high as heck (to make up for the fact that there's no state income tax). As long as you don't go out into some back-water place, it's not that bad; my family used to live in California, and moving out here has proven to be far better than I had originally imagined.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tennessee is not a real place. It was made up to frighten children into going to bed at night.

The high sales tax with no income tax sounds pretty awesome though.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

<a href="http://www.chickenfestival.com/" target="_blank">Here.</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

World's largest skillet? Colonel Sanders museum? xD

Keep your chicken festival. We have a garlic festival and a strawberry festival.