Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV at Gamescom

Exclusive Interview is up with Mr. Tanaka - enjoy the read!

FFXIVCore.com - Final Fantasy XIV Fansite
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Final Fantasy XIV Core - Final Fantasy XIV Fansite
    FFXIVCore.com on Twitter
    FFXIVCore.com on Facebook
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

So far the gameplay is looking a little clunky, but I'm aware the early stages, so... no hard feelings.

No Jumping and Swimming in that interview is a real turn off for me. I really wanted a different experience than the restricted feel of FFXI. It really limits the game i feel if they dont add that in..and pulls me away from the game. I am this serious, i feel its horrible they don't have it yet. Gotta get with times.

I also wished they put Dueling like in WoW, where it was actually not a bad thing to PvP casually for fun. Also in the interview it seems like some Guildleves are going to be set by how many people are required for it. Personally if its anything more than 2 i am going to be pissed, i dont like having minimum requirements forced upon me. If i cant do it with 1-2 people then fine, but sometimes i just want to attempt it instead of waiting.

Mini-games is a go for me. No zoning is also a huge plus for me! That means i can do retarded things I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. If they let us jump that is...>_< I dont like the invisible barriers in FFXI...if something stupid happens you fall in the pool of lava and not twitch at the edge like an idiot.

Durability is a plus to me as well, since only consumables make money in FFXI now since nothing breaks.

I also read Eorzapedia a bit, they say the GM system will be similar to what they are having now. Their stance on Premier sties, GMs, and servers are kinda worrisome and i am afraid we will be plagued by the same bs as in FFXI. Only time will tell. I hope they go more liberal in this else i will be horribly disenchanted with this game.

I am trying to stay hopeful with this, but wary at the same time. Cuz..its SE xD

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would've really liked the swimming and jumping. I'm pretty sure that could have kept me entertained for days.

But it's not a huge deal. I just don't see why they can't include something like jumping which really doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to implement.

Also love the fact that there's not gonna be any more zoning. I hate zoning. =/ Although I gotta wonder what's gonna happen when you're running like hell from aggro'd monsters. Not sure about the whole, NO JOB SYSTEM!!! thing they keep emphasizing. I guess we'll see.

Since they're planning on releasing it in 2010, and they're in Alpha right now with another developer's version to follow. That doesn't seem to leave an awful lot of time for the Beta. :o

And thanks for the great interview, Zyuu.

I thought I read that the developers were looking into adding jumping and swimming. Would really like it to be honest.

Also, usually with seamless world MMO's, the mob has a certain distance before it stops chasing you.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Check out the latest on FFXIV Core: Translated Video interview with Tanaka Hiromichi It is a little hard to see the game as he demonstrates some things but at least you have his verbal explanation on things. Translated and posted up today!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FFXIVCore.com on Twitter
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I assume that the more nastier the monster, the more longer they will chase you. I am sure theres fun to be had yet in running from a mob

--

The interview was interesting, i like the fact that so many things are customizable. I am also interested if you can use abilities even without enough TP (just of course it will suck if you do like in Mana games). No Auto Attack = YES. Even in WoW it kinda felt like it had it, so manually doing something is alot better than waiting hella years for your weapon to swing even with TP regulating your strength. You're doing something thats the main part.

One thing that concerns me is that theres no mini-map of some sort. Hopefully that makes it into the final build. I hate going /map just to look for my party members, which should have been there from the start. Even Ragnarok Online had that...

Either way i eagerly await more, a couple things i am happy that they changed. However i still feel the more they go away from FFXI's design the more appealing it will be for the most part.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

It's really just typical Square-Enix giving no information and a bunch of vague answers. Nothing has changed from their experience with the community from Final Fantasy XI it seems - it was one of the major problems amongst treating their user base like crap.

Look at someone like NCSoft, granted they've been more inclined to the Korean base in the past, but they are a good example of how a developer should connect and interact with their fan/user base. Surprise surprise, they actually inform the community what is going on, rather than be secretive and leave people hanging (and in most cases people just end up giving up).

Square would honestly need to reveal a lot more (and not just rely on questions from a fan site) and give the right information, or else it'll just leave people less interested. I suppose they will probably do this at the Tokyo Game Show. At least I hope. But yeah, same problem as has been with FFXI since its release.

Is FFXIVCore going to TGS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post
    However i still feel the more they go away from FFXI's design the more appealing it will be for the most part.
    Yes, definitely.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

TGS is probably where the big guns are out. I imagine Gamescon being their way of pushing their product into the European market(especially the German one). Still at least theres some videos...all we had to go with was a Trailer before.

Btw i wanna dual wield Shields with their new gauge system. Even if its stupid as hell i wanna do it for the lulz. haha

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I am not sure. I will let the Core staff answer about that TGS. I am just the messenger.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FFXIVCore.com on Twitter
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually, we have 6 translators. Before we had 7. However, the 7th person wasn't able to translate, instead he stole content and reworded it. It really made me upset. So we re-translated the three articles he 'stole'. All is good now. I can't believe someone would do that. I guess e-fame is important huh?

I also interviewed Tanaka in person myself.

We have it all up at FFXIVCore.com re-translated, also new information as well

And yes, we'll have two FFXIVCore staff members at TGS. One living in Japan, being native Japanese.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I would've really liked the swimming and jumping. I'm pretty sure that could have kept me entertained for days. :p

But it's not a huge deal. I just don't see why they can't include something like jumping which really doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to implement.

Also love the fact that there's not gonna be any more zoning. I hate zoning. =/ Although I gotta wonder what's gonna happen when you're running like hell from aggro'd monsters.
    Adding jumping is a bit of work, I would assume. The players would be able to get to a lot more areas of the map, and there would have to be less invisible walls or the world would feel very restricted. SE would also need to make sure you could get back up from places if you accidentally jumped somewhere strange, else they'd get a huge amount of GM calls for stuck characters. That being said, I really want jumping and swimming.

As for being chased by monsters, I guess they'd do the only thing that makes sense, and that should happen way more often in FFXI, having monsters give up chasing you. A game is supposed to be fun, and few things are less fun than getting aggro you can never run away from, or having to run for 15 minutes, and then run back. That's a bullcrap time sink, and no-freaking-one thinks it's fun, or even fair.

I'm not asking for an easymode FFXI, I just want less things that are nothing but annoyances. That crap doesn't get you happy players, and unhappy players don't stick around for very long. I'm going to play FFXIV, but I'm not going to just hand them my hard earned cash if they keep as little as 10% of the totally retarded things in FFXI.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyuu View Post
    Actually, we have 6 translators. Before we had 7. However, the 7th person wasn't able to translate, instead he stole content and reworded it. It really made me upset. So we re-translated the three articles he 'stole'. All is good now. I can't believe someone would do that. I guess e-fame is important huh?
    Ah! Well I am glad you got it all sorted out. It's a shame when someone resorts to things as such; especially plagerism, such a huge topic around the e-world these days. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyuu View Post
    Ah! Well I am glad you got it all sorted out. It's a shame when someone resorts to things as such; especially plagerism, such a huge topic around the e-world these days. Thanks.
    It is indeed. I can't believe someone would even consider to do what that person did. The fact I trusted him to do the translations out of all our translators show that he put up a good act. Heh

Regardless, we're happy with the current team of translators, some are very professional. We're up to 7 now again, Curse Inc has a native Japanese employee as well, so we can use her services as well.

By the way:

One Last Continue interviews Tanaka and Sundi