Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reviving Eizon

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Default Reviving Eizon

I've been thinking about bringing back Eizon, guys. I'd like to know how many of you would be interested in participating if I cranked it up and released the beast yet again.

For those of you who don't know what Eizon was, then dive into the archives or click and check out the first two sessions...

World of EoFF
    Eizon: Rebirth

Basically, it's a world that the members of EoFF create based on our imaginations. You can roleplay a character in the world, you can write stories based in Eizon, you can submit creatures or animals to interact with, you can lead a city, you can do pretty darn close to ANYTHING as long as it's creative.

I'll say right off the bat that this go-round will probably be much easier on the calculator. I plan on cutting a lot of the number crunching and focusing more on participant interaction and involvement. Unless of course that's what the majority of those who would want to give it another shot are expecting from it.

Basically, if you're interested in taking part in something amazing, then say so in this thread. Also, post any suggestions you have on what would make it more enjoyable this time and let me know what part of it most interests you.

Members Interested:

- Aerith's Knight
    - Agent Proto
    - Dignified Pauper
    - Jiro
    - Jojee
    - Loony BoB
    - Lekana
    - Nominus Experse
    - Pureghetto
    - Shauna
    - The Space Pope
    - Timekeeper
    Last edited by oddler; 08-05-2009 at 04:09 PM.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eizon was fun. I forgot what my country was called already. xD Was it Rengoria? Anyway, it was the awesome pink nation <3 I remember the dance-off from it.

Heart Kaycee and Zach. ^_^

I dunno if I'd do it again though, it was a bit time consuming~

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

As you may have guessed, I would be interested in story-involvement and assisting in creating the world (basically anything on a creative level), but am not interested in any kind of management of cities etc.

I hope this gets a good response, oddler!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

lol Your nation seems pretty sweet... I'm sure DDR is like the bible over there!

Hmmm would love to participate but I have a lot on my plate and I would not be able to do justice if I joined and subsequently got distracted with the RW.....

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Fine. I'll do it. I need something creative to do anyway. I'll be busy when school picks up again, but once I graduate I'll probably be able to help out with any management-y stuff you need.

EDIT: I should probably make it clear that I'm not annoyed at anyone. I was thinking about Eizon the other day but shrugged it off because I was too busy. So there, now you know

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Haha, I remember the dance off, Jojee. That was awesome.

Yeah, if you thought it was time-consuming last time then we can change it up so that it's not that way this time. I'm looking for suggestions on how we can make it more enjoyable all around and that's probably the number one reason it died off. Number two was most likely what BoB said about city management; it was just too in-depth and took too much effort to keep track of. I plan on everything being much simpler so it can be more about fun and creativity!

So far, it's BoB and Jiro. I'll update the first post with a list of anyone interested. And like I said, the more suggestions on how we'd do it, the more fun it's going to be for everyone.

Blog Entries

Ah, Eizon: TAKE $NUM

The whole project has the blood of Marick coursing through its veins.

there was a picture here

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was probably time consuming because I was running a nation. If I just participated in a nation it wouldn't be really. xD

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

oddler, I support your effort to revive this project. Though, I want to ask if you plan on starting anew or something? I think it would be nice if we could start all over from the beginning, rename the landscapes and continents, etc. Just an idea you should consider about.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It was fun but I agree it was time consuming. That's why I just joined jojo's rather than making my own.

Possibly less of the statistics. Yes there are a lot of math nuts on here but there are a lot of... not math nuts?

Rather than it being "You have x amount of y and if you apply z amount of w then you etc etc" That was boring and just lost the creativity of it. It made it too technical. Funsucker me thinks!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post

Is it terrible that I wanted to get involved?

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

I like creating things and stuff so I'd do it, but The Space Pope is a very busy creature so it does not know whether or not it will be able to participate fully or not. Also The Space Pope is extremely lazy, hateful, and uncaring, yet likes writing and creative projects so who knows.
    derp

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Eizon has always been about team work Space Pope. We don't want it to go up in flames because members can't be civil. So perhaps working on your "hateful" tendencies would be beneficial.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

Like I said, I'm also uncaring, so...yeah, no.

Just don't hide my sugar cubes or try petting me or pulling my tail and we'll be just groovy.
    derp

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    It was probably time consuming because I was running a nation. If I just participated in a nation it wouldn't be really. xD
    Right you are! Nobody has to be online at all times to get the effect of Eizon. Just peek in and contribute when you get the time. No big deal. And there are a lot more things you can do that don't require a lot of activity such as writing stories based in the world we come up with or making up descriptions of people, places, or creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    oddler, I support your effort to revive this project. Though, I want to ask if you plan on starting anew or something? I think it would be nice if we could start all over from the beginning, rename the landscapes and continents, etc. Just an idea you should consider about.
    Yes, this will be completely independent of the earlier ones. The entire world is at our fingertips, literally and metaphorically. I totally plan on starting fresh with no strings attached. I already have many ideas lined up but if things don't follow through that way, then it won't hurt my feelings. We'll just adapt and make Eizon what we want to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    It was fun but I agree it was time consuming. That's why I just joined jojo's rather than making my own.

Possibly less of the statistics. Yes there are a lot of math nuts on here but there are a lot of... not math nuts?

Rather than it being "You have x amount of y and if you apply z amount of w then you etc etc" That was boring and just lost the creativity of it. It made it too technical. Funsucker me thinks!
    I'm a math nut! xD I'm really big into the whole city management theme but, like I said, no one really even has to do that if they don't want to do it. Also, on that last note, if people do want to manage a city or location, it will be much less painful. It'll be more along the lines of, "People demand more businesses, crime is skyrocketing, your citizens love the new dance hall that Jojee built." And then you would just have to make decisions on what to do next. No need to worry about having the calculations spread out in front of you. Creativity is definitely the thing that makes this fun so I don't want to smother that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post

Is it terrible that I wanted to get involved?
    I'm marking you down! No choice now. Get writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    I like creating things and stuff so I'd do it, but The Space Pope is a very busy creature so it does not know whether or not it will be able to participate fully or not. Also The Space Pope is extremely lazy, hateful, and uncaring, yet likes writing and creative projects so who knows.
    Again, being busy isn't really an excuse you can use on this. It'll be open-ended and won't have time restrictions so you can add and put in your two cents when you have the chance. If you're on EoFF, then take about 3 minutes and peek into the Eizon section and see if your creative muscle starts twitching. If it does, then use it!

I'm marking all of you down as interested, so there.