Thread: What happened to Haeresis XIII?

Default What happened to Haeresis XIII?

A couple of years ago during the initial stages of FFXIII's development and after Versus and Agito were anounced, all compiling the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, there were rumors that this would be a 6 part series and the upcoming 4th anouncement would be Haeresis XIII. To further add to the rumors it was said that this was going to be a MMORPG.

Now after seeing how unwelcome the anouncment of FFXIV is as a true numerical addition to the FF series do you still think Haeresis should have just been made as an online spin off of FFXIII to succeed FFXI instead of FFXIV or do you like the idea of FFXIV being a MMORPG? And is Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII real even if it isn't online?

i've heard rumors of it bein 4 da wii (pretty sure its not true though). then i've also heard dat it was an internet game

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

FFXIV was initially announced as Rapture in 2005. The only reason there was any speculation that Haeresis XIII would be an online title was because people suspected it was Rapture. I think now that we've seen that Final Fantasy XIV is, in fact, the codenamed Rapture, I think that kills the theory that Haeresis would be Square Enix's next MMORPG. I sincerely doubt they'd be developing two new MMORPGs concurrently. That would be a massive jump for Square Enix.

I don't see a problem with FFXIV being online. I do think that anyone who is still having trouble with this seven years after FFXI's initial release really, really needs to just get over it.

I'm not sure that we're going to see Haeresis XIII ever come to fruition. The development cycle of XIII and Versus XIII has been going on a lot longer than it would seem Square Enix initially planned, and I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing any new titles announced for the Fabula Nova Crystallis project.

As I understand it, Haeresis was "leaked" because Square Enix copyrighted the name. They've done this with other titles before (Chrono Break) which turned out to be busts. It's been so long since the initial announcement of Haeresis. Not worth getting excited over now, as far as I'm concerned.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing they were considering making the next online game as part of the Fabula Nova Crystalis series, but decided to make it FFXIV instead.

That's of course just one theory, but I guess it would make more sense to keep it separate, since there's supposed to be certain elements of familiarity closely related to FFXI.

The FNC game I'm really hoping for is a brand new DS game made in the style of the originals, or at least their remakes on the GBA/WSC/DS.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It's just a name. I don't think that FFXIV was being developed originally to be part of FFXIII as they would need to use FFXIII's world if that were the case.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I don't think that FFXIV was being developed originally to be part of FFXIII as they would need to use FFXIII's world if that were the case.
    Versus and Agito XIII don't use XIII's world, either. Supposedly, the only tangible link between the games in Fabula Nova Crystallis is the involvement of the titular Crystals; FFXIV could easily have started out as part of the project with only that stipulation.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I absolutely cannot fathom why anyone would care about whether FFXIV is called FFXIV or FFOnlineII or I dunno what else. It's an FF game in spirit.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They couldn't call it FFOnline anyway, ffonline.com had that domain booked. Although it would've been amusing to see SE shell out and buy it off them.

Kishi: The more I know!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I bet you Haeresis is a cell phone game lmao

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I absolutely cannot fathom why anyone would care about whether FFXIV is called FFXIV or FFOnlineII or I dunno what else. It's an FF game in spirit.
    This, this, this!

In fact, FFXI and presumably FFXIV are closer to the idea of the original Final Fantasy games than the latest ones - that's if people are going to argue whether it's not a "real" Final Fantasy(which is a bullbalony arguement anyway).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The only thing that makes a Final Fantasy game a Final Fantasy game is if Square Enix decide it's called Final Fantasy whatever. The games themselves have a lot of similarities though those qualities, or lack of, don't automatically mean it is or isn't a Final Fantasy game.

I think Haeresis will either be forgotten about in the depths of time, or released a while after the other Fabula Nova Crystallis games, such as DoC.
    Last edited by Calarandir; 09-27-2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Fixed some spelling errors.