Thread: Wild Flower Sun Bag

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

*yawn* Wild Flower Sun Bag

I made this using the wonderful Fat Quarter Friendly Poochie Bag tutorial.

This is called a "poochie" bag. I don't know why, but the sound of the word disturbs me. So let's call it a milk carton corner bag instead, since it was also referred to as that.

First, the criticisms, because it's how I improve:

I seriously messed up on the bottom of the bag, but fortunately, since no one will ever look at the bottom, I think I'm safe from it being glaring. I'm too embarrassed of the bottom to show it. I managed to fix the up a little bit though; they were so bad originally that I almost threw this bag in the garbage.

Also, I don't know if this is just how the pattern was or if it was me, but this bag came out much smaller than I had expected. Weird...

Things I'm proud of:

The straps are really nice and evenly stitched, and the interfacing makes this bag feel nice and professional and stiff. It's very stable feeling, like it could hold a lot of junk in it despite the small size.

Also, I think I did a really good job of coordinating three very different looking patterns. I feel like it doesn't clash.

---

Anyway, here are the pix. It was made from three different fabrics, plus ultra thick interfacing, done with white thread. It has two pockets, one on the front of each side. The corners have been squared off for a more stable base, though I kind of messed the whole bottom of the bag up.

Aw this is so adorable, I want to make one! And I love the quilt on the website too, I think i'm gonna attempt one of those if my neighbour will let me borrow her sewing machine

Good work yet again!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thank you!

Her quilts are sooo awesome. I've been wanting to make a quilt this summer really badly - a long term project!