Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good/Bad English Voices

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    I'll reiterate what Jeremy said to me before: the Joker in The Dark Knight is a good example of who Kefka should sound and act like.

Not a screechy nerd.

Kefka sounds just like that *&^*&$%$*&^#*$^$# cosplayer.
    I would easily say he would have sounded a lot more like Mark Hamil as the Joker then Heath Ledger. No way could I hear Dark Knights Batman doing Kefka's signature laugh, something the animated series Joker could probably have pulled off better.

That asside, Kefka was wild, insane, and very over the top about it. A higher tone voice suites him perfectly. I still feel they could have done better, but it's an acceptable choice.

Steve Burton IS Cloud Strife 100%, I feel his voice shows every side of the character- the darkness in him and the innocence that's still there. A suitable age and capable of a wide range of temperaments without sounding too generic. I think his voice fits like a glove and I wouldn't choose any other.

Terra's voice actress, Natalie Lander, was a contestant on the TV show Legally Blonde the Musical: The Search for Elle Woods. She wound up finishing 5th place, and I think that if she couldn't get the role of Elle Woods, voicing Terra in Dissidia is a great consolation prize; she did a great job at voicing her, and after all, she's supposed to be blonde. Broadway-star-turned-voice-actress.
    Is that your final answer?

Unhappy

Hey, did u like Chaos voice? I think is more "human" than what I expected, the jap one was more beast-like, but this is more human :S ...I don't know how to explain it...

About Kuja, maybe u guys are right... maybe is not just the voice actor who killed Kuja, but the dialogues too D: ...(Although I still think the voice actor s**** behemoth b**** ...) ...

I've been playing the entire game again, just to level up some chars I still don't get to lv100, and to get some treasures I didn't get the first run... and now I came aware that there is a lot of stupid dialogues... I don't want to think they tried to force some story in a fighting game... but that is what I feel... 'cause somehow the story and the dialogues are a lot more shallow and pointless than ever in a FF game!
    I mean, for example, (SPOILER)when Squall talks with cosmos and says he thinks he never cared at all... That could be true, but there was a whole game (FF8) to explain it, no need for Squall to say it now, it sounds emo D: ...
    Or maybe the Bait thing, when Kuja wants to catch Squall as a bait for Zidane... D: There was no reason to say it D:! "Hey, I come here to get my bait for Zidane!", that's really pathetic and so uncool xD... He could go and catch a bait, but why telling him? It sounds stupid...
    Or when Cloud asks for a reason to fight, and Cecil says he never thought about a reason to fight before... And I remember him in FF4 thinking about why fighting and killing the people of Myssidia for a crystal, and why the King of Baron fights and search the crystals, and maybe about why fighting his brother, and all that... D:
    Or when Ultimecia starts a fight and says "I'm a witch who controls time" WTF?! We all know that D:! ...

I think there is a lot of unnecessary dialogues in the game, I think they really didn't work in the dialogues as they should, and that makes sad =( ...
    Of course u don't need to agree with me, but that is what I think.

Anyways, there's a lot of good thinks in the game too =D... besides the awesome battles and the collections of items and the museum and all that...
    I think Kefka's VA is great, it was kinda annoying for me first, but now I think is really good for Kefka, and I love Cloud of Darkness laugh when she casts her Aura Balls, is just awesome... Or Golbez voice when he jumps backwards in the air, is kinda sexy xD, well, Golbez VA has always been a great VA =)

(BTW, sorry if my english is bad xD, like some of you know, I'm latinamerican and I never took english class, I learned by playing RPGs since a short age xD, so sorry if I don't explain things very well =( ...)
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

Every time I hear Chaos's voice, though, I think of Mass Effect...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

A figure clad in armor. Darkwolf090's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

He was in Mass Effect also Halo.... He is the main Elite Arberter or w/e and is the Captain in Mass Effect. Might be why.
    As my favorite VA is Golbez and he is a no body I love it lol
    I care not for harmony nor discord. - Golbez
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

How could anyone NOT like Chaos's voice? It's freaking Goliath!

I like Chaos voice, but I think is not for Chaos... =/
    I would love to hear a more bestial voice for him, and not so human, as I said... But, is a nice voice, anyways...
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

I ended up liking Zidane's voice a lot for whatever reason. Kefka's voice just cracks me up, but in a good way. Cloud's voice might be somewhat fitting for his character, but it's just a little too boring-sounding and it gets irritating. Sephiroth's monotonic/try-hard voice just sounds as stupidly irritating as his dialogue, and he reminds me too much of characters like Dias, Yurin, Chris, Metka, and like 20 other video game/anime characters that are of the archetype that they copied from for Sephiroth.

"Just-know-that-you-couldn't-get-the-crystal-without-my-guidance-and-I'll-always-pull-your-strings" <--- who cares, stop talking before I skip the damned cutscene.

Kuja has to be the most disappointing for me though. I was looking forward to his character so much, only to be bitterly disappointed with his annoying voice actor because he sounds a little too flamboyant in a way. Tidus wasn't as bad, but still bad enough along with the combined annoyance of poorly-written dialogue. Exdeath's voice was actually very fitting for the kind of character he is [but who the heck names a character Exdeath?], basically a really classic "muahaha" kinda villain. Overall, the villains did seem to have better voice actors than the good guys, and almost all characters of both sides share really poor starting-battle lines that you'd expect from one of those stupid DBZ-type shows.

One of these days I'll be able to write a post somewhere on these forums where I'm not complaining about something.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    The Kuja cast in the wonderful FF9 Actorman fandub on youtube is exactly how I would imagine Kuja. This one sounds childlike
    A tad off-topic, but the same guy does a remarkable job as Cloud.
    YouTube - Full Dissidia Final Fantasy Full Character Demo

Good:
    Cloud of Darkness (though, with the somewhat accent, I felt it would fit Ultimecia better)
    Cecil (Yuri Lowenthall actually gives a crap about his work, you can tell)
    Tidus (ditto James Taylor Arnold)
    Firion
    Exdeath (GET THE FRUIT! MARBLES!)
    Chaos

Bad:
    Terra (the only voice I found to be BAD, not just unfitting. Someone put this poor dying VA out of her misery)
    Shantotto (WOULD be good, except it's insanely distracting that she's the mom from My Life as a Teenage Robot)
    Kefka (doesn't fit what I imagined Kefka as in FFVI, but then again, they just kinda messed him up in this game)
    Kuja (see Kefka)

Yeah

I'll have to disagree with this one. Kefka's voice couldn't be more fitting in my opinion. Based on what Amano seems to be trying to project [which seems to me a sort of "Final Fantasy" version of The Joker], I think both his script and voice actor suit the image and persona well.

Does anyone else feel that Kefka's voice actor didn't do him justice? I was actually pleasantly surprised when I heard Kefka's voice in Dissidia.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    I'll have to disagree with this one. Kefka's voice couldn't be more fitting in my opinion. Based on what Amano seems to be trying to project [which seems to me a sort of "Final Fantasy" version of The Joker], I think both his script and voice actor suit the image and persona well.

Does anyone else feel that Kefka's voice actor didn't do him justice? I was actually pleasantly surprised when I heard Kefka's voice in Dissidia.
    I always liked the sinister side of Kefka more. I mean, he always has classically hilarious lines, but they pack more punch when not shouted out like some girl pretending to be some boy pretending to be Naruto.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I didnt like Cloud voice..
    I hate his voice when he cast fire/fira/firaga..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> I didnt like Cloud voice..
    I hate his voice when he cast fire/fira/firaga..
    One thing about Cloud is that there is a noticeable change in the effort between games. Advent Children and Dissidia, bad. Crisis Core and the Kingdom Hearts series, pretty good.

Burn.