Thread: Hearing Final Fantasy Music Where They Don't Quite Fit In

Default Hearing Final Fantasy Music Where They Don't Quite Fit In

I was wondering if anyone has ever had an experience like this before. I was just recently tuning into a Cambodian soap opera (my dad was watching) that played music from Final Fantasy 8 and 10 every few minutes. It was kind of hilarious .
    Last edited by Yuffie514; 08-05-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I was actually in a Chinese restaurant in early January this year and they played two tracks from FFX. To Zanarkand and Someday the Dream Will End. I remember being really taken aback by it.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Sushi Bar playing Kumi Koda's Real Emotion ftw.

as for the cambodian soap opera, are you sure they weren't same samples re-arranged to different music? or were they genuinely playing the original songs?

They were original songs, like Waltz For The Moon from Final Fantasy 8 and The Summoning from Final Fantasy 10.

I heard Prelude from ffVII while standing in an elevator....I blinked in disbelief..Prelude..delegated to an Elevator Ambiance...Sacrilegious!!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

iv had many bad experiences when i have ff songs for ring tones.

1- it was dark and I ran into a wall and fell on my ass. my cell rang the fanfare and i rotfl. so i guess the wall won the fight....

2- my neighborhood had a power out and i was trying to find my room and lightning struck just as one winged angel started.

3- my tv was on mute and some kids show was on, my cell rang and i had other world set and a bunch of ppl were dancing to the song and it looked very very cool, i think it was lazy town.

4- this one was on purpose, i put my cell on speaker and played the chocobo song from 7 as i ran thre a field.

I've seen plenty of YouTube videos where people made a short film and used FF soundtrack as background music. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's gratuitous. You gotta be careful putting video game music in a movie... I do it all the time in college

I heard 'Final Fantasy' (the Prologue song) during a school event while everyone was waiting for it to start. I found out that the technical dude was a gamer the next week.

I heard 'Final Fantasy' (the Prologue song) during a school event while everyone was waiting for it to start. I found out that the technical dude was a gamer the next week.
    Totally something I would do. Hell, I wish they would have played Waltz for the Moon at prom.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I worked the sound booth for my school in high school and during spirit week while everyone was waiting, I started playing Kefka's Theme over the loud speakers. When I was told it was funny but inappropriate I switched on The Wounded Shall Advance Into the Light from Xenogears.

The only time I've ever heard FF music being played is on net cartoons or Youtube...it's quite sad.
    My older sister used to rag me for liking the music from FF, she'd always loudly proclaim to her friends when they came over, "Please excuse my sister's terrible music, she doesn't know what real music is, only beep-boop video game music". Then one day I caught her listening to a CD I'd made with FF vocal tracks on it such as Eyes on Me and Melodies of Life. I asked her why she'd taken my CD. She said "Because I heard you listening to it and I liked it. I'm so glad you're finally listening to proper music, not that stupid fantasy-game stuff."
    I then informed her where those songs came from. As for her face...use your imagination! It was priceless. She never teased me again.
    Time...
    It will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on, it escapes you...

Currently playing through the main series...
    Playing: FFII
    Completed: FFI