Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's my age again?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default What's my age again?

As I've been lurking a bit again, I thought I would make a topic!

I've been thinking lately about the fact I've been getting.. OLD! ;_; and looking at my profile seeing I am now 24 is kind of weird still. I've even got to the stage where I nearly forget how old I am (23,24?) and have to ask my boyfriend to remind me XD

Just seems like it wasn't that long ago I was a teenager and to be honest, I still feel like one! xD Growing up is scary, especially with friends getting married and having kids. It's like..eek! I can't even imagine looking after a little person for at least 10 or 20 more years.
    I still don't really think of myself as an 'adult'. I don't want to start dressing my age or acting it.. (luckily I can still wear what I like at my job) xD

ANYWAY the topic is.. do you feel 'grown up', especially if you're in your 20s? Do you feel excited about grown up responsible things or is it kinda scary? Do you still feel like a kid trapped in an increasingly grown up body? (yep) xD

Growing up is over-rated!
    rawr

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

inb4someonesaysMJ

I feel as though I'm getting old, but I just see it as an opportunity to do more things!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i'm sad about every minute that goes by in my life nearing me closer to death in which i am not yet a space ship pilot

I feel old sometimes, mainly because I think that my parents got married when they were 22.

I probably won't feel that way full-time until after I finish school.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

Twenty something isn't very old no matter how you slice it, I think it's just the fact that people are generally at a turning point at that part of their lives and are faced with new challenges and decisions, like when a 17 year old thinks he's all grown up just because he can drive and see R-rated movies or whatever.
    derp

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't feel any different. And I'm not really concerned with being labeled as a kid or a "grown up." I don't feel particularly excited or afraid of further responsibilities; it's just what will happen.

Sometimes, though, I do feel old when I remember things from my childhood and realize how old something related to that is.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm 19 and I enjoy it a bunch.

I now feel very young.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle

I've been feeling this way for <i>ages</i>. I'm 22, but I'm still 12 on the inside. xD

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I said I was the cops, her husband was in jail, this state looks down on sodomy.

I feel like I am, but am routinely told that I am not.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    I've been feeling this way for <i>ages</i>. I'm 22, but I'm still 12 on the inside. xD
    And on the outside.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    Twenty something isn't very old no matter how you slice it, I think it's just the fact that people are generally at a turning point at that part of their lives and are faced with new challenges and decisions, like when a 17 year old thinks he's all grown up just because he can drive and see R-rated movies or whatever.
    Yeah it's true. It's not so much that 20-something is OLD, it's just, being at the point when I've first been living in my own place for the past year, settled in a full time job, thinking about getting a pension.. XD

And as I say it seems to be the age when a lot of people around me and getting married and that kind of grown-up stuff that I can't even IMAGINE doing for a looong time. It's like the time when you finally start being independent and feel like 'hey..I'm growing up..make it stop!' for me anyway.

Shlup, I love that cartoon XD

I do get mistaken for a student a lot though, in shops, so that is good

Full time work *does* suck though. I want to get home at 3.30 and play Final Fantasy VII for hours. Those were the days!
    rawr

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    Yeah it's true. It's not so much that 20-something is OLD, it's just, being at the point when I've first been living in my own place for the past year, settled in a full time job, thinking about getting a pension.. XD

And as I say it seems to be the age when a lot of people around me and getting married and that kind of grown-up stuff that I can't even IMAGINE doing for a looong time. It's like the time when you finally start being independent and feel like 'hey..I'm growing up..make it stop!' for me anyway.
    Yeah, it's almost as if you're saying goodbye to a certain part of your life. But I think it also depends on how fast you had to grow up as well.

And yeah, getting your first apartment is a pretty big step so I can see how it'd make you look back to the days when you had to share a cramped room with three siblings or something like that. As far as marriage, heh, I'd never get married, it's not in me. That and the fact that unicorns cannot mate with humans. And that I look about as sexy as a burn victim.
    derp

There is nothing I hate more than aging. My birthdays are terrible. I Force Choke everyone around me on my birthday. But you must understand that 23 in gay years is like 576 years old.