Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons why Twilight is Ridiculous (hey, this entire thread is a spoiler)

Lol,
    I knew this topic was going to come up soon enough.

(SPOILER)Edward looks like a rapist.
    (SPOILER)Breaking into someones house and watching them sleep is NOT romantic
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dolentrean View Post
    (SPOILER)Breaking into someones house and watching them sleep is NOT romantic
    ................smurf.

Blog Entries

Btw if you don't know yet a guy wrote a book that is:

A parody of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga from Harvard Lampoon.

'About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him - which I assumed was wildly out of his control - that wanted me dead. And third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he had kissed me.'

I think it will be published in October XD I want to buy it so badly (if it will be under 15€)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Um, ok?
    Alright, so I guess you didn't have any actual basis for your original comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I would call his acting career a success. Anyone who had gotten the part of Edward would've been praised relentless and faced instant spotlight, he just has a better agent than the other actors who were auditioning for the part (or for some reason, the director and author thought he was amazing). I haven't seen too many other movies with him in it, but looking at some of the trailers (his attempt at Salvador Dali, for instance) leads me to believe he's a terrible, terrible actor.

Also he doesn't look good with a mustache.
    He's been doing a lot of movies lately. Whether he's a good actor or not, I'd say getting a lot of work makes you pretty successful as an actor.

I haven't seen any of his other movies either, but I know he's been getting a lot of roles. It just annoys me when people start saying things for the sake of hearing themselves speak with no basis for their claims.

Articles
    Blog Entries

(SPOILER)It's smurfing Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlupquack
    I'm not entirely sure I would call his acting career a success. Anyone who had gotten the part of Edward would've been praised relentless and faced instant spotlight, he just has a better agent than the other actors who were auditioning for the part (or for some reason, the director and author thought he was amazing). I haven't seen too many other movies with him in it, but looking at some of the trailers (his attempt at Salvador Dali, for instance) leads me to believe he's a terrible, terrible actor.

Also he doesn't look good with a mustache.
    He's been doing a lot of movies lately. Whether he's a good actor or not, I'd say getting a lot of work makes you pretty successful as an actor.

I haven't seen any of his other movies either, but I know he's been getting a lot of roles. It just annoys me when people start saying things for the sake of hearing themselves speak with no basis for their claims.
    That is where are opinions differ, I suppose. I define "successsful" on a quality over quantity type of basis. Regardless of how many movie offers he has gotten (which would no doubt be attributed to the publicity attained solely from his role in Twilight), he is still a terrible actor. As noted by the fact that throughout the entirety of Twilight, he looked as if he was going to vomit on everyone around him. I'm also fairly certain that the director for Twilight did not initially want him to play the part, but I suppose that's neither here nor there because he eventually won the role.

I'm not sure if that last part is directed me or not. :x

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I think it's fair to say that it's too early to tell how Robert Pattinson's career is going to go - he can live off the Twilight series until 2011/2012 so that's his absolute minimum shelf life anyway
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not sure if that last part is directed me or not. :x
    It was directed at Crimson.

Anyway, I think Robert Pattinson is a good actor. Of course, I'm not a good judge of acting ability so there you go.

And the director did want him for Twilight right off the bat. She has a total boner for the dude. Also, she's a terrible director.

Oh yah, (SPOILER)it's written poorly
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Anyway, I think Robert Pattinson is a good actor. Of course, I'm not a good judge of acting ability so there you go.
    Everyone has their opinion on what qualifies as good acting. My tastes are just superior is all. That's no big deal though. :P

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

It's wayyyy WAYYYYY too whipped for my liking.

But it being a vampire film, I have to find something I like about it (The way they have to feed, it's nice and fangless, which means it's gory).

That and I'd totally do Alice and Jasper.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Um, ok?
    Alright, so I guess you didn't have any actual basis for your original comment.
    On the contrary, yes I did.

I dont like Twilight nor a single one of it's actors in any form and will publicly attempt to humiliate or spite them no matter how little or large and I dont particulary care how much I get bashed for it.

I dont like Twilight nor a single one of it's actors in any form and will publicly attempt to humiliate or spite them no matter how little or large and I dont particulary care how much I get bashed for it.
    Peter Facinelli was pretty good in Fastlane, even if the show itself kinda blew hard. Edi Gathegi was also one of my favorite fellowship actors in House and did a pretty good job in the single Veronica Mars episode he was in.

You're being extremely ignorant in your dislike of Twilight and all things associated with it. It's fine if you don't like the movie, but I highly doubt you've seen enough of every single character that plays a part in the series to make such outrageous claims of hatred against any or all of them. I see you trollin', stop hatin'.

Right, of course, my deepest apologies, let me fix that.

/opinion
    Peter Facinelli was pretty good in Fastlane, even if the show itself kinda blew hard. Edi Gathegi was also one of my favorite fellowship actors in House and did a pretty good job in the single Veronica Mars episode he was in.

/opinion

You're being extremely ignorant in your opinion that you dislike of Twilight and all things associated with it. It's fine if you don't like the movie, but I highly doubt assume you havent seen enough of every single character that plays a part in the series to make such outrageous claims of hatred against any or all of them. I see you trollin', stop hatin'.

Happy?