Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Map

I really liked the maps of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX as well. I've spent countless hours exploring both. I think they both show great variety, but overall I think I like IX's a bit more than VII's, even though I have probably spent more time in the world of VII than in Gaia.

Gaia just looks cooler, it even has mist (I know it's story related, but still) and other stuff! Plus, it just looks appealing and overall amazing.

on a slightly related note, which world then do you guys think would be the largest? and most vastly populated?
    not in terms of what we can explore when playing the game but if they were real

FFIX's map for me. I just love the atmosphere of that game and the world map, with its three-dimensional topography and magical/mystical feeling, helped alot.

Question: Do you know why Kefka succeeded in destroying the planet?

Answer: Because the planet didn't fight back.

Articles
    Blog Entries

VII's had a big impact on me at the time, and I still love the way they made it accomplish some things the field screen is supposed to do, like the rickety bridges in Wutai or crossing the mountain like some people have said.

IV had a similar impact on me when you get to the underground part of the world, or on the moon, you know you're in a different part of the story, a different place with its own secrets to find, it was great and part of why it's one of my favorite games.

IX is probably my favorite over all, I just love the details, like the roots of the Iifa Tree and how that ends up being a part of the story, plus the mist. Everything is just amazingly well done, and it especially shows when you go hunting for the lithigraphs/chocographs/whatever at the end.

I liked VII a lot more than VI and XII had a better map (abiet long) than VIII

Make sense...I think not! lol

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I liked V the most. He said most of what I wanted to say and better too. But my favorite thing is after they become smushed together you can ride a chocobo around the world.