Thread: Best Harvest Moon game?

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Best Harvest Moon game?

I see there's a ton of Harvest Moon games out there I haven't tried. I recently bought Harvest Moon DS and so far I'm not finding it very fun. Not much happening around town with everything available from the phone and all.

I've played the first one for the SNES, and I've also played Back to Nature on the PS, both great. Other than that, I haven't played any, so if you've got any advice then I might just go for it. :mog:

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hated Harvest Moon DS. There's nothing to DO on it. Same with Animal Crossing DS.

Harvest Moon PS2 is where it's at, for me, quite frankly. I could have played that game forever, except that the disc is weird and only works once and a while on my temperamental PS2. It's so FUN though, and you get a lot more potential brides.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Are you talking about Save the Homeland or It's a Wonderful Life?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've played several of the Harvest Moon games, but my favourite is always Back to Nature on the PSX.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Boy and Girl for PSP. It's Back to Nature but portable.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The original is the best. The 2D graphics are delightfully cute (I will always love how a cheerful a cow becomes when you milk her, or how she rolls around on her belly when she's pregnant, or how your character stumbles about when he takes a drink at the bar); the world is riddled with secret caverns to uncover and time-, date-, and location-based encounters with an eclectic cast of bit players; and the game is just refreshingly focused in its tasks and objectives, without getting mired in extraneous side-quests. Fix up this ranch, turn a profit on crops, build a family, you have three years. Go.

Save the Homeland, when compared to It's a wonderful life, feels more like a Demo for what the game could do.

I've played every console Harvest Moon except the 64 version, and I'd say the best one is probably Magical Melody or Tree of Tranquility, this game definately got better as time went on.

Magical Melody has about 13 brides/grooms to choose from, and offers multple plots of land you can buy, ever increasing the size of your farm.

Plus theres a Mexican who employs other people to do his fruit picking, which is ever so hilarious to me.

Plus Eva, the girl at the bar, says some very 'suggestive' things when it's raining.

I'd probably put Magical Melody on Gamecube over Tree of Tranquility on the Wii, even the the Wii ones Gay Elf Sex Rainbow is funny as hell...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I picked up Magical Melody for the wii yesterday, it wasn't released on gamecube here in Europe. It's allright so far, looks like there's many things to explore and such. The only thing that irks me at the moment is that he takes his sweet time when he's equipping/unequipping tools and using them. The camera also zooms in too much. I'll probably get over both of those things pretty quick though.

I think I'm also going to buy the Friends of Mineral Town for the GBA. Harvest Moon on handheld is gold. If only I had a PSP I'd buy back to nature for it.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Are you talking about Save the Homeland or It's a Wonderful Life?
    Save The Homeland. I looooove that game. I need to play it again.