Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy IX!

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just got the stolen ship from Alexandria & set out for the lost continent. Haven't done much Chocobo hot & cold yet but I do intend to spent quite sometime at it before I progress through the story any further!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Garland just crashed my party, I was supposed to be celebrating my card tourney win. I kicked Tantarian for the first time too, that was cool. I'm liking how overleveled I seem to be.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

I got bored of the game as soon as I got to Lindblum.

Tales of Symphonia came along and whisked me away from Zidane and fwiendz
    derp

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I've done as much Chocobo Hot and Cold as I can before I get an airship now. I went and levelled for a little while, I think Zidane, Eiko and Vivi are now around level 40. Off to the Black Mage Village now to find out why they were with Kuja.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm on disc 4 and doing all the stuff I want to do before entering Memoria.

The Cotton Robe trick is very easy to do on disc 3 if you have a Gold Chocobo. Black Mage Village both synthesizes Cotton Robes and sells Steepled Hats with little running inbetween, so you only have to commute between there and Dali. I wish I had done it at least a few more times now that it's too late.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Thanks for letting me know Rantz! I looked in my inventory and noticed I had 99 wrists. I stocked up when I returned to Dali at some point but couldn't find any steepled hats.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm still sort of content to leave. i just remembered something that has always been racking my mind these past years. What is past that locked door on the Hilda Garde you know it's by where Amarant stands. Where's the key to it, so I can find out what's behind it.

Articles

Ohh, that's probably the one new thing I found out this playthrough. Right after you get the Hilda Garde 3, reenter Lindblum and board the ship again. You'll get a little scene where they board by that area. I don't know if it ever does the same thing later.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah, I just tried it I still get that scene and saw erin on the airship. All that was in that thing was an Elixir. Actually I think I might have done that before but just didn't remember. This is my tenth or eleventh playthrough.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I've unlocked Chocobo's Paradise, and now I'm on my way to Ipsen's Castle. All I remember about Ispen's Castle is that Amarant does something there. There seems to be quite a few things that I've forgotten about this game. Should be alright though, just need brute force to win

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post

Why On Earth Would You Do That Challenges

Acquire Excalibur II
    Acquire the highest Card Collector's Rank
    I know its been a LONG time since I've played FFIX but weren't these 2 things easy to do? I figured it'd be a standard thing for just about everyone to do these before finishing the game O.o

Articles

You might be thinking of the Excalibur. Getting Excalibur II requires you to get to the place you get it in the last dungeon in less than 12 hours of game time. It's a lot of work and it causes you to miss out on a lot since you'll be mashing your way through all the dialogue.

As for getting the highest Card Collector's Rank, that's not just getting one of each card. It also involves making sure each card has a unique combination of arrows, and leveling the cards up so that the second character in each card's stats is A. It takes bucketloads of time.

Oh yeah, forgot about that sword needing you to get through the game fast. Meh screw that, don't need it to do 9999 by lv 60-65 anyway. I think I got the card rank but I can't remember. The card game sucked pretty bad but I played it a lot anyway =/

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I was fighting a Veteren in Ipsen's Castle. Steiner was doomed and his timer had run out. Vivi attacked it, and killed it, and as the battle was won, Steiner dropped to the floor. I like how this game delays deaths, it allows for some neat things (like tossing a phoenix down on yourself as doom takes hold).

EDIT: Zidane, with his dying breath, struck down another Veteren. I think these guys are my favourite monsters xD
    Last edited by Jiro; 09-24-2009 at 01:19 AM.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I made it past disc 3 finally. I wanted to post some pictures, but the batteries have depleted in my camera. That You're Not Alone piece is always great.