Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy IX!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I certainly don't remember this in the game. Quina used to be the head chef in Alexandria? Then why didn't Quina or Garnet didn't give her any mentions when she joined the party? Also how and why did she go back to Qu's Marsh? Perhaps this was just a foreshadowing to the end of the game is not valid in the story? I'm confused.
    That's because it's not Quina, just some other weird looking frog eating...whatever they're called.
    Wrong actually, it is indeed Quina. The only other Qu to appear in game is Quale who looks nothing like Quina, though Quan is mentioned but never seen and we know he dies before the game takes place because Vivi was raised to be eaten by him. If I remember the many hours I put in to this game correctly there is a part where this is explained. Quina was sent to the Alexandria castle kitchens to be head chef for the celebration as kind of a "visiting" gourmand chef however during this time the party do not know Quina and it is plausible that any of them who do see Quina (Steiner being the only one if I remember rightly) that they could have forgotten about Quina's presence or since Steiner seems more preoccupied with finding Garnet and Zidane never even noticed that Quina existed.

That or like the many other secrets Steiner seems to keep from the rest of them he keeps the information quiet in the hopes that he can use this information to seek help from Quina to return Garnet to Alexandria. It is highly doubtful being a princess and all that Garnet would ever meet any of the kitchens staff let alone a visiting chef. Most royalty never see any servants below the top level the idea of a servant is to be known of but never known by the master

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

I just figured it wouldn't make any sense if it was Quina, and it still really doesn't. But if that's actually him/her/it then alright.

Because I'd think that Quina would mention seeing Steiner (then again you don't HAVE to go into the kitchen), so I figured it couldn't be him/her/it. Then again I haven't played the game in years, like since it was new. I really don't read into games much and have forgotten like 90% of the game.
    derp

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I certainly don't remember this in the game. Quina used to be the head chef in Alexandria? Then why didn't Quina or Garnet didn't give her any mentions when she joined the party? Also how and why did she go back to Qu's Marsh? Perhaps this was just a foreshadowing to the end of the game is not valid in the story? I'm confused.
    That's because it's not Quina, just some other weird looking frog eating...whatever they're called.
    Actually it's been stated several times that it WAS Quina, but due to it's rather unusual personality it wouldnt be that odd if Quina didnt remember them.

Then again thats assuming that canon-wise, Steiner ever went into the kitchen, and maybe Quina just never happened to see Garnet personally?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post

Wrong actually, it is indeed Quina. The only other Qu to appear in game is Quale who looks nothing like Quina, though Quan is mentioned but never seen and we know he dies before the game takes place because Vivi was raised to be eaten by him. If I remember the many hours I

Actually there's 2 scenes where you do get to see Quan, one is a flashback and the other is a scene on Disc 3 if you visit the Dwelling with Vivi and Quina in your party.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hate you Rantz. You do realise that in my current game I have done most of those things? Now I have to start again to get the kudos.

I think less of all you who do not get 100 out of 100 nobles impressed. That 10K basically carries you to Lindblum.
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 08-07-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I synth Cotton Robes for big revenue. I don't need those nobles' dirty money.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Man I'm so lagging behind! I like your screenshots and stuff Vermachtnis!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    I synth Cotton Robes for big revenue. I don't need those nobles' dirty money.
    Haha that's what I do too. Eeeaaasy money.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm just at Lindblum now. Saved the game before talking to Cid.

EDit: I'm still thinking that it's just a foreshadowing.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I need to finish up some other games before I re-do FFIX so I'm not actually taking part however if the staffies were paying attention to the discussions in the stables these should be something we encourage YEAR ROUND to be completed and there should actually be some scoring for having done it (proof needed in form of captures ofcourse)

Not much father, currently in Linblum right now, getting ready fight some solo Zidane battles so that I'll have THe Ogre mastered before the festival and Gizamaluke.

However, I am here to provide you with images to remind everyone of just how bad ass Black Waltz #3 is.

(SPOILER)

The last on is my favorite. ^_^

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

It's killing me that my copy of FFIX and my PS3 are in storage in Miami right about now. =/

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Man I'm so lagging behind! I like your screenshots and stuff Vermachtnis!
    Thanks I had head ache all day and didn't get to play today.

Yeah, I'm at Chocobo Hot and COld now, with 9 Chocographs found, and I don't even have quina yet.

And by the way, Freya was named Lisa, since I forgot a shot of that screen.

edit:

George has joined me! ^_^
    (SPOILER)

And with this minuscule progress, I give you may characters just before entering the Grotto.

(SPOILER)

Last edited by NeoCracker; 08-08-2009 at 07:24 AM.

I love this!!
    Dont have time to join in or i would!
    Good stuff everyone.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Here're my screenshots (finally). They're pretty crappy and not as interesting as others' but they prove what I'm doing. Hopefully they get better as I get farther.

(SPOILER)
    (SPOILER)
    (SPOILER)
    (SPOILER)
    (SPOILER)
    (SPOILER)

These are my favorite. I think they turned out pretty good.

(SPOILER)