Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy IX!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm... done. It was quite a journey, but I finished it. I'm happy with the ending. I thought maybe I'd be disappointed, especially because I already knew what would happen, but actually seeing it for the first time gave me a great sense of achievement.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Well done, Jiro.

I just beat Ozma but then I decided to try again and steal his stuff. It was less successful, but I'll try again. Frog Drop and Thievery are both at 9999.

I can't find any Cactuars at disc 4, does anyone know if they're anywhere to be found?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Did you try right outside the exit to Fossil Roo?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Just arrived in Memoria. I wanted to find the ocean chocograph treasure before I went, but it's too hard. I remember finding it one time, but I completely forgot where it was. I also discovered Chocobo's Paradise for the very first time.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Yeah I remember having to look up where that damn Ocean Chocograph was. It's a cruel one to find!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The ocean chocograph is along that stretch of reef on the far west of the map. You had to go on the island for another chocograph, but I forget which number. :/

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

To get the Ocean chocograph, go to the island directly north of the Qu's Marsh on Lanar Island to the west of the Forgotten Continent. On this island, stand on the Chocobo tracks, and from there go directly west for a little bit, digging as you go. You should be able to find the "Kweh?!" zone soon enough. Finding the actual treasure is a whole other adventure.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I'm... done. It was quite a journey, but I finished it. I'm happy with the ending. I thought maybe I'd be disappointed, especially because I already knew what would happen, but actually seeing it for the first time gave me a great sense of achievement.
    I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Kupo!

final fantasy 9 is such a great game..me and my girlfriend are on the 3rd disc (yes, FF9 can be 2 player)...kinda bums me out that her dog chewed my super nintendo wire though so me and her can't continue playing FF6/3 (its also 2 player) i just didnt realize how easy it was until i started a new file with her...for some reason she just seems to make my RPG life.."much easier" which is odd...
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I just tried beating this game and I said tried because I don't count beating Necron unless you fet to watch the stuff that follows afterward. I have four copies of IX and I chose what I thought was the best disc to play this on. When the FMV came up where Garnet rides away on Hilda the game was skipping like mad crazy and then I took out that disc to switch for another one of my copies. now my screen is black but I can press start and I see the word Pause come up. Can I still be able to see these last moments or do I have to replay those last two boss fights?

I feel bad because I've been neglecting this game for a while.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

You could always watch the remainder of the ending stuff on YouTube! It's hardly cheating or anything since you've completed the game essentially. Not the best answer I admit...(not least because finding a decent quality FF ending video on YouTube with the visuals and audio in sync is a pain sometimes)
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I only got through FFIX once in all the time I've had it. I usually play these much more than that! Maybe I should start it again after Eyes on Plays FFX.