Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freakiest literary monster

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mr Hyde, from the original novel. Hint: contrary to popular movie portrayals, Mr Hyde is *not* a giant mutant titan. Imagine, instead, a man whose entire body is tensed and contorted, the muscles wound up impossibly tight. He looks dwarfed or hunched, but becomes an unstoppable juggernaut when enraged. The personality and behaviour are even more unsettling than the appearance.

Then there's the pig character from the ancient Chinese epic, Journey to the West. He's a man who was supposed to be reincarnated into a new human body, but there was a clerical error at the reincarnation wheel. Instead of being born from a human mother, he was impregnated into a pig. He emerged as a demi-human pig-monster, shunned and feared and eventually becoming a cannibalistic terror until recruited by the monk Tripitaka on his titular journey, becoming a valued - if dubious - companion.
    Sure he winds up as a hero, but his concepts and origins are rather bat. Especially since the character was first written in the sixteenth century.

Blog Entries

I remember the Demon/monk that lived underwater being the cannibalistic one or maybe it was both of them.

Anyway the ghost of Christmas yet to come usually creeps me out, as well as the ghost that comes to warn Scrooge about the other ghosts.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I freaked out really bad, like back in middle school -> Sweet Valley Twins, The Beast. xD It was a scary picture of really creepy evil girl on the cover and the book was pretty creepy too.

Hehehe Big D, I <3 Zhu Ba Jian. Man I wanna watch Sun Wu Kong now ^_^

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've only read excerpts of the original story - a scene where Sun Wukong smurfs up some serious and wastes a ton of dudes in heaven - but I plan to read the whole saga some day Sun Wukong is so badass.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Well, I’d tell you it was an old man going by the name of... Leland Gaunt, from a little ol’ novel that went by many names, though what I called it was Needful Things.