Thread: A childhood love, revived

Default A childhood love, revived

Oh, I'm giggling like a little school-girl.

Ridley Scott to direct Alien prequel

Looking past some shoddy sequels and AvP films, I'm pumped to see the Alien franchise back in the hands of the master.

Anyone else as excited as I? With Futurama's original cast returning, it seems all my sci-fi dreams are coming true.

Rye made this!

I came across an ill rumor saying that Sigourney won't be part of the cast. Someone prove me wrong, please.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

If it's a prequel, it wouldn't make sense for Ripley to be in it. Since Ridley Scott's directing it, I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully, he can recreate the claustrophobic atmospheres of the originals.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I can't help but think that the Alien franchise should have been left alone after Aliens with every successively weaker film installment. I'm not even sure Ridley Scott can save the day. Not to mention the fact that even with Alien on his CV I don't think he's really done a great film since Blade Runner.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

I'd rather have seen James Cameron direct the next Alien movie personally, Scott hasn't really made any movies I liked after Blade Runner. That said Alien is a great movie and I can't wait to see the franchise back in the spotlight after so many years.

I don't really care for this movie being a prequel though. I'd rather have a proper sequel to Aliens, with Ripley, Hicks and Newt all still alive. And have it actually take place on Earth, like what they promised in Alien 3. Unfortunately that story can only take place in my imagination.

I approve of this, even if Scott hasnt been at his prime lately.

It'll be nice to see something familiar in the cinemas for once.

I'd like to see that. There are only a couple of directors (namely Cameron and Scott) who I'd trust to make an Alien prequel, and I'm glad they've got Scott. Unfortunately, he's making too many films at the moment - he was at his best when he made a film every few years.

Uninteresting fact: Ridley Scott went to the same school that I did (about 45 years before me, though).