Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I keep putting it off

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I keep putting it off

Are there any games that seemingly everyone swears by and your the only one hasn't played it yet. And you kind of don't want to, and you really don't know why? But every time someone mentions it and tries to convince you, it just makes you not wanna play it just that much more?

I'd mention the game, but the TWEWY fans will come after me with sporks.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Same with TWEWY. I have 2 friends that are absolutely in love with that game, but I can't stand the artwork. There's nothing bad with it, but my problem with the art is that it shows Nomura's lack of originality with his characters.

Any of the Halo games. I've watched my friend play Halo on XBLA and in just about every game, there's some extremely annoying and immature person playing that has to say something retarded, like, "I'm gonna rape yuuuuu!!". It looks like a fun game, but any time I hear anything good about Halo, it's from one of its rabid fanboys.

Metal Gear Solid. Again, nothing wrong with the game. I just don't like having to sneak around. My friends talk about it a lot, but it makes me not want to play it.

I have a ton more, but I can't seem to remember them, at the moment.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*Tries desperately to not post a two page lecture on why TWEWY and MGS are totally super special awesome...*

Golden Sun comes to mind, I hear all these great things and I try playing but I get bored real quickly. I sometimes feel like its a lobotomized Lufia with plot elements stolen from the Mana games. I'm still trudging through as I am more intrigued by the second game than the first.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Are there any games that seemingly everyone swears by and your the only one hasn't played it yet. And you kind of don't want to, and you really don't know why? But every time someone mentions it and tries to convince you, it just makes you not wanna play it just that much more?

I'd mention the game, but the TWEWY fans will come after me with sporks.
    Oh gawd, I am really terrible about this. I will go on and on about how awesome [game] is. I know it's not helping, but I just can't shut up. (Play TWEWY, it's great)

TWEWY sucked.

Hmm, only game that comes to mind is Age of Empires II, because I get lazy in some of the later campaign missions waiting for so-so to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig View Post

Metal Gear Solid. Again, nothing wrong with the game. I just don't like having to sneak around. My friends talk about it a lot, but it makes me not want to play it.
    I have to agree here, having played the MGS games I really dont understand the hype over it, maybe cus I'm just not much of a stealth person but playing MGS 3 felt an awful lot like Splinter cell (an equally meh game), heck the only stealth game I enjoyed that I can think of was Beyond Good and Evil.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

The intro to TWEWY made me vomit in my mouth a little. Did not want.

I'm behind on pretty much everything gamewise because I'm too poor to keep up and that's fine with me. I'd rather spend my money on hay and stickers to put on my horseshoes. *neigh*
    derp

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Took me awhile to get UFC Undisputed. Which is problematic because now, I can't win online.

Blog Entries

Metroid and WoW
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Xenogears (played a couple of hours into it many years ago) and Vagrant Story immediately come to mind. Although those aren't games that I really don't want to play ever, but more like I just never got around to it or in the case of the former it lost my interest.

I put off Call of Duty 4 till June of this year. I didn't think the game would be for me but I was pleasantly surprised. Didn't really touch the multiplayer but the campaign was damn good.

I still have yet to buy Blazblue, despite all the glowing praise I have heard for the game. Maybe I just secretly still want King of Fighters XII, despite all the bad press it seems to be getting. Ill pick up one of the two titles.......eventually.

Articles
    Blog Entries

(looks around cautiously...) Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

Don't get me wrong, in this case I actually do really want to play them, they're just mad money and there's so many games I'm playing/want to play right now.

Definitely will before Last Guardian comes out though.

Blog Entries

What the smurf is TWEWY?

I've never played Halo. I've never watched anyone play it either. I've never played Street Fighter, apart from briefly playing Alpha 3 on the PS1 and finding it mediocre. I've never played Zelda, nor have a clue what it's all about, only seen pictures. I've never played the Quake series. Goldeneye. Smash Bros. Anything by Nintendo, actually. I think having played Super Mario DS means I've played everything Nintendo has made in the last 20 years.

there was a picture here

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

TWEWY = The World Ends With You. Its a DS game about kids fighting Shinigami in Shibuya in the course of one week in order to gain fabulous prizes. It's very experimental and the controls are created around using the DS' touch screen and using the normal control pad. Its actually one of the few games where I feel Nomura's art style actually works for the game.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    What the smurf is TWEWY?

I've never played Halo. I've never watched anyone play it either. I've never played Street Fighter, apart from briefly playing Alpha 3 on the PS1 and finding it mediocre. I've never played Zelda, nor have a clue what it's all about, only seen pictures. I've never played the Quake series. Goldeneye. Smash Bros. Anything by Nintendo, actually. I think having played Super Mario DS means I've played everything Nintendo has made in the last 20 years.
    I'd be the first to say you're not missing anything by not playing Halo or Smash Bros., but everything else? Seriously? I can only assume that you're brain doesn't work properly if you not only haven't played any of them by this point, but don't even know what they're about. I'll admit that not every game in the series you mentioned is great, but many are outright classics and you have no business playing games without at least trying them.

I'm slightly exaggerating there of course, but still. Go out and play some games dammit.

As for me, I'm not sure I can think of any off the top of my head. I suppose I have little interet in TWEWY. Might play it someday, but my love of the RPG genre has wained over the years as my life has become busier. I suppose I could mention I haven't played Gears of War either, but could care less about it as well. I suppose the only thing I want to play that I'm sure is amazing is Ace Combat 6, but I'm not buying a 360 ever, so yeah.

Blog Entries

When I was younger I used to be a HARDKOAR gamer, but now, I've kind of lost interest in vidyagaems and just play my old PS1 collection when I feel like it I think the reason I missed out on some of those great games was the fact that the only console I owned was a Playstation.

there was a picture here