Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General Eizon Discussion

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Default General Eizon Discussion

Here's our vague-topic'd thread concerning things that are Eizon-related. If you have comments on Eizon affairs, ideas for improvement, criticisms, or just want to talk about Eizon, here's where you can do it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Just looking at a few of your threads, I think we should clarify on some things earlier than others. For example, I noticed you have 'Legends' there, but it would be very hard to give details of history without having locations and races etc. clarified first. I think we should originally establish how many different intelligent races we should have (remember: they don't need to all be prominent), where the races originated from, and how they expanded - if they did at all!

So...
    1. Races - How many? I think five or six, including a couple of less expansive races, would be good.
    2. Where did the races originate? - ie, Locations Part 1
    3. How did they spread? - ie, Locations Part 2
    4. Who were the major players in this race and the way that they spread out? - ie, Legends

For races, I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the FF Tactics races, but not exactly the same.
    1. Human
    2. Sand Dwellers - Tough, thick skinned humanoids. Not common. Similar to Bangaa... or... uh... the Sand people in Star Wars. Or something. I 'unno.
    3. Forest Dwellers - Slender, athletic humanoids. Common, but only in forestlands. Similar to Vieira/Elves.
    4. Humanoid #4 - Another humanoid that is not restricted to forests/sands, but is expansive and mingles with humans happily.
    5. Humanoid #5 - Another humanoid that is not restricted to forests/sands, but is expansive but does not prefer to mingle with humans as often, rather sticking to their own country/countries.
    6. Humanoid #6 - As above, but is not expansive. Similar in nature to the Shumi Tribe of FFVIII.

I love this stuff. xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why can't we have multiple cities. For a country I'd like to manage I'd need one city and a few settlements/outposts. Otherwise, security for one, would be lax.

Also, can't I just put my character in with my city thread?

edit: And, as BoB said, I love this stuff too.

Can't we have an Elf/human hybrid civilization, or just the two living together?
    Last edited by Aerith's Knight; 08-06-2009 at 09:48 PM.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Just looking at a few of your threads, I think we should clarify on some things earlier than others. For example, I noticed you have 'Legends' there, but it would be very hard to give details of history without having locations and races etc. clarified first. I think we should originally establish how many different intelligent races we should have (remember: they don't need to all be prominent), where the races originated from, and how they expanded - if they did at all!
    Good idea. Races and the World Map need to be ironed out first so that we can build NPCs, Locations, etc. around them.

For races, I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the FF Tactics races, but not exactly the same.
    1. Human
    2. Sand Dwellers - Tough, thick skinned humanoids. Not common. Similar to Bangaa... or... uh... the Sand people in Star Wars. Or something. I 'unno.
    3. Forest Dwellers - Slender, athletic humanoids. Common, but only in forestlands. Similar to Vieira/Elves.
    4. Humanoid #4 - Another humanoid that is not restricted to forests/sands, but is expansive and mingles with humans happily.
    5. Humanoid #5 - Another humanoid that is not restricted to forests/sands, but is expansive but does not prefer to mingle with humans as often, rather sticking to their own country/countries.
    6. Humanoid #6 - As above, but is not expansive. Similar in nature to the Shumi Tribe of FFVIII.

I love this stuff. xD
    Excellent place to start. I like the idea of 5 or 6 "prominent" races. Let's elaborate on and suggest changes to this list. Personally, I'd like to see a cute Moogle/Fairy-type and a gruff Dwarf-type up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Why can't we have multiple cities. For a country I'd like to manage I'd need one city and a few settlements/outposts. Otherwise, security for one, would be lax.

Also, can't I just put my character in with my city thread?

edit: And, as BoB said, I love this stuff too.

Can't we have an Elf/human hybrid civilization, or just the two living together?
    For the sake of the beginning, I'd like to assume that there are no nations, only single cities. Eizon is in turmoil and confusion at the start of roleplaying. When play begins, you're more than welcome to build, conquer, or ally with other ones.

Lumping your character in with a city will be difficult if you have more than one city. Also, I'm assuming that your character is going to be spending most of their time away from their home city doing other things. It would be confusing trying to follow your character and your city in the same thread.

Races living side by side in a city is absolutely allowed. Making hybrids of things might be a little overkill, especially when we start getting a lot of creatures. Where's the fun in constantly saying, "Hey, this new thing I made up is X monster mixed with Y monster?" My two cents.

Blog Entries

Alright, but almost immediately I'll start building forest woodchopping camps, a fishermans village near the sea and a tower overlooking the sea for security.

And I guess living together will be fine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Moogle types would fit in well with what I had for #4, while dwarf-types would fit in well with #5. =]

Blog Entries

When can we start making cities and such? And how is the money and building and all that controlled?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

After the races are ironed out. For the sake of hurrying that end of things up, should we go with the following?

RACE (geographical preference, how expansive their home nation is, whether they like to mingle with other races)
    Human (prefer open regions, expansive, like to mingle)
    Moogle (prefer any region, non-expansive, like to mingle)
    Viera or Elves (prefer forest regions, non-expansive, prefer to keep to themselves)
    Dwarf (prefer mountain regions/rocky regions, non-expansive, prefer to keep to themselves)
    Bangaa (prefer desert regions, non-expansive, like to mingle)
    Shumi (prefer their own little island, non-expansive, don't mind outsiders but don't like to leave)

While we use FF things, I think the Moomba and Chocobo should also feature as creatures... but that's another story.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I'm with that BoB.

Also, is it here where we lay down our character information?

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

I disagree with Viera being boxed in with elves, seeing as Viera are, in my eyes, the living form of the playboy bunny.

The rest is fine, but I would put with humans that they prefer any region, as the oppertunity fits.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Viera or Elves - they're too similar to have both, I reckon. Both prefer the forests and both are tall, slim, agile races.

Humans rarely have large, densely populated cities deep within forests or up in mountains as their structures aren't designed for such things. Viera/Dwarves, on the other hand, happily inhabit such areas in vast number.

Blog Entries

I agree that they should be grouped together in region. But does that mean you can't make a human city in a mountain or something like that?

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Also, is it here where we lay down our character information?
    I'd say we'll get some characters cracking after we get the races and world map done. Need places and races for character backgrounds, methinks! When the time comes, you can make a thread based around your character.

Would we assume that Viera are all female and Dwarves are all male, or would both races have both genders?

Blog Entries

Dwarves have both males and females, but the females also have.. beards. So it'd be hard to differentiate. Let's just make them male.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

While we use FF things, I think the Moomba and Chocobo should also feature as creatures... but that's another story.
    Featured creatures. :laugh:

Yeah, definitely including chocobo. Moomba's a possibilty if someone wants to submit it. The more creative, the better, though!