Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contributions: Legends

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Default Contributions: Legends

Here, writers and their limitless imaginations shine. This is where stories are told about Eizon's past, concerning the people, places, and items of our imaginations. There are hardly any constraints on the subject matter or the way a legend can be told (as long as it holds to the forum rules). Go wild with the possibilities!

Some suggestions on information to include when submitting new legends:

Setting, how long ago the events took place, where the legend originated, etc.
    Characters, who was involved in the events, NPCs, creatures, etc.
    Purpose, reason the story became a legend, characters die, wars are won, treasures are lost, etc.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is where I will really flourish.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Since we did have previous Eizons I think we should have some legend how this is either the past Eizon before those ones or the future! Or some plauge wiped out almost everyone! Something along those lines! That way we can tie in Some of the old countries into the lore!

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

The legends and lore I'd like to see created would be based around the races, NPCs, and locations that we make up this time around. I totally agree with finding ways to tie in the previous Eizons, though. And I'm not saying that we should only focus on the new over the old, either. Let's make nice liasons between this one and the others.

I do think it might be a good idea to come up with things to base legends around before we get started here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think we shouldn't tie too closely with the other Eizons as they had their own history as it is, and I think we're hoping to generate a completely new one here?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

I'm all for completely new one.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Sounds good, then. I think we should do whatever most people think will be the most enjoyable.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

The Crystal and Eizon

In a forgotten time past, the world was dominated by chaos. Emptiness and disaster flowed from the fissures in the earth’s surface. The living forms of the world desperately pleaded for order until, one day, their cries were heard. A great symbol of reverence descended upon the land and banished the unclean, anarchy-ridden remnants of what would later be known as the Ancient Realm. The symbol was blindingly white and appeared to be in the shape of a carven jewel and, as quickly as it had come, it faded into the skyline. Flits of light echoed across the point where it left the world as the inhabitants of the new era stared in august at its departure. The great symbol gained the name of The Crystal and what it left in its wake would become known by all as the World of Eizon.

Blog Entries

What would Eizon be without crystals.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Crystals are a good building block I suppose

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

The Lackleaf Plant, adapted from Eizon: Rebirth.

Have you ever heard of Lackleaf plants, kupo? They're the result of "failed" experiments by my elder brother, Podgy. He was an alchemist, see, and he spent all his time in his hut mixing substances with living organisms and evaluating the results. When he poured Grim Tears onto common maple saplings, he recorded an effect that seemed to stunt the growth of every subject he tried it on! And with him being the hotheaded moogle he was, he tossed the saplings behind his hut and called them Lackleafs. Now, Podgy wasn't the observant kind so he didn't notice when his "failed" experiments rooted to his yard and began to grow. The secret to them growing was to be shunned from sunlight, kupo! Behind his hut, the lack of sunlight caused them to actually start to grow leaves. Now they're found all over the place since they spread so fast, usually in darkened areas like mountainsides and under taller trees in forests. The trunk of a Lackleaf only grows to about 5 feet above the ground with its branches sprouting horizontally along the earth. And I heard that some people have found a way to stir up a cure for blindness with the sap from those plants, too. Too bad old Podgy still doesn't know that his experiment wasn't actually a "failure"; I never let him in on the secret!

- Hodgy's Moogle Musings, pg. 4

Blog Entries

Sentinel islands

Years before the crystal collapse, the major populations of the continent of Amano and Baroke were at war for centuries. No one remembered what started it anymore, although if one were to search through the old records of its time, one would find that none were certain who struck the first blow on Amano. When the war started to affect the other continents through trade and military actions, the neutral parties came together and joined together in stopping the futile war. They put all their military force on the islands between the two warring continents and build many great defensive buildings there. Even when the hate between Amano and Baroke dwindeled and the military presence was brought down to a few companies, the buildings fell in decay. After the crystal collapse the only things left on the islands were the ruins of tall buildings, strong and impressive, the leftover of a great conflict. Nothing now remains from the knowledge of that great war, except the name that was given to the islands by the union of continents. Sentinel islands, the islands of gaurd, the islands of peace.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Sentinel Islands accepted.

Someone will need to cover the Crytal Collaspe as a legend also; it seems like a huge point in history. Remember that the greatest part about Eizon is being able to work off of others' ideas. Anything that you think could be expanded, take it and run with it.

Blog Entries

What I had in mind that the first legend you wrote was the crystal collapse, but I suppose it could be something else.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Oh, no no. Eizon and The Crystal is a "good" legend. Also, before The Crystal came, the Ancient Realm was total chaos, I mean like overly ridiculous amounts of natural disasters. It was to the point of where even if you were to build a shelter from the weather, a random earthquake would destroy everything you worked for. There were no cities or armies, only tiny groups of survivors that stayed together. Then The Crystal descended and fixed everything and gave the world order. The Crystal Collapse sounds like something horrible.