Thread: Contributions: Locations

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Default Contributions: Locations

Use this thread to submit new locations across Eizon. A location can be a specific point such as a city or a cavern, or it could be an entire area such as a jungle or mountain range.

Some suggestions on what to cover when submitting new locations:

Geography, where on the world map the location is or if it's "within" another location (i.e. a tavern in the captial)
    Topography, (if an area) what kind of landscape is it, how dense is the plantlife, how hilly is the terrain, possible natural resources, etc.
    Inhabitants, list of species or races that inhabit the location
    Climate, average temperature, normal weather encountered, special strange climates, etc.
    History, background on the location, story of its origin, reason for building, etc.
    Current State, description of area, description of current affairs, recent problems/improvements, etc.
    Governing Body, (if a city/settlement) what type of leading party is there, mayor, emperor, delegates, kings, parliament/council, etc.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Now that we've established the spread of the races we can start on this, yes?

I can do work on Elven & Dwarvish along with (obviously) human stuff. I'm not too sure on how Bangaa or Moogle would name their places, though. Not sure about Shumi, either.
    Last edited by Loony BoB; 08-25-2009 at 04:32 PM.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just stay away from my continent and I'm happy with whatever you want to make.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Now that we've established the spread of the races we can start on this, yes?

I can do work on Elven & Dwarvish along with (obviously) human stuff. I'm not too sure on how Bangaa or Moogle would name their places, though. Not sure about Shumi, either.
    Sure, go crazy. As for how names are originated, I think we'll be okay to name places anything we want as long as others pick up on the trends that other people set and run with them. We don't have to make everything sound "the way it's supposed to".

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    People can submit whatever they want as long as it's within forum rules, it's creative, and it's not meta-gaming. :twak:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oddler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    People can submit whatever they want as long as it's within forum rules, it's creative, and it's not meta-gaming. :twak:
    So if you picked a spot where you want to build a city, and someone suddenly places a garden full of moogles there even though you called it several times.. that's okay?

Yeah.. that way I'll lose interest in this pretty quickly.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Springing up a Moogle garden beside an established city just to smurf with the member who made the city would be considered meta-gaming, in my opinion. So, you're covered in case that happens to you! Adjusting the world or the game in attempts to throw the balance off won't be accepted and I'll be all over that. If an issue arises that someone has good reason to disagree with, we can talk about it in the Eizon Discussion thread.

That being said, other people and NPCs are inevitably going to interact with and affect everyone else's "claimed" areas. There's no getting around that since that's the fun part!

Blog Entries

Very well, you're the gamemaster. I guess I'll see you guys in General chat or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

AK, it should be noted that this isn't a "build your own country and do everything/anything you want in your own country" thing (to my knowledge, anyway) but rather a "let's build a world together" thing. The RP'ing etc. would, I imagine, come afterwards.

I'll try to throw a bunch of locations together and you guys can tell me what you think.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The whole point is to work together to create an awesome world. If someone is being a tool, no doubt they'll be removed. Don't quit on us now AK, we need your creativity.

I'll let you know now, I'll be stealing any ideas I really like for my novel. I won't take without giving though, so don't worry

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.