Thread: (500) Days of Summer

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default (500) Days of Summer

Going to see this tomorrow, I'm so jazzed to see it. I love Zoey Daschanel, and it genuinely looks like a good movie. Anyone else see it/going to see it?

It's kind of hard to find.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

I was supposed to see it tonight, but now I can't. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt and I've wanted to see it since I first saw a trailer for it.

Hope you enjoy the movie!
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Saw it a week or two ago, and I absolutely loved it. One of my favourites of the year, definitely.

Jellyfish swim by.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gahhh, SB, if I had known, I'd have waited and we could have gone to see it. I bought the ticket, too late now. xD

I hope I like it! It's gotten pretty good reviews.

My friends and I just postponed the movie for some time (HOPEFULLY) next week. >_< I appreciate it, though!

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah this movie looks pretty good I've had a crush on Zooey Deschannel since Yes Man

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The trailer makes me lol, but the brackets irrationally annoy me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah. So. I haven't been so enthralled by a movie since watching Amelie. Anyone who's close to me knows that's a Very Big Deal.

Go see it. NOW.

Also, (SPOILER)the scene after Tom got some was one of my favorite cinematic moments ever. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Yeah. So. I haven't been so enthralled by a movie since watching Amelie. Anyone who's close to me knows that's a Very Big Deal.

Go see it. NOW.

Also, (SPOILER)the scene after Tom got some was one of my favorite cinematic moments ever. xD
    That scene was hilarious.

Jellyfish swim by.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

The more I think of it, the more this movie reminds me of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Amelie, if those two movies had a baby, in terms of style. I really dig it.

I just want to watch this movie again.

Just got back from seeing this movie and I. Friggin'. Loved it. One of my favorite scenes, which was also one of the saddest scenes, was the part where Tom goes to the party and there's a split-screen of his expectations and reality. (SPOILER)It reminded me of how I often do that with events that involve girls I'm attracted to. I actually picture in my head the events that I want to happen, the things I'll say, and what will happen. Of course, reality isn't so kind and things just happen to go the exact opposite that I pictured!

I also loved how they played the (SPOILER)penis game XD. My friends and I used to play that game ALL the time in 8th grade and we got in trouble for playing it in school once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    YES! I wanted to get up and dance along with him!

Zooey Deschanel is absolutely adorable, and having watched this trailer I'm sure I'll love this movie.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just saw this. I thought it was good. Cute and original. I really loved the little different details that were added like (SPOILER)the cartoon bird randomly flying onto his shoulder during the dance number after they had sex. That whole scene was great.

Here's some issues I had:
    (SPOILER)I don't like that 3 months after they break up she's already married to another guy. Not just engaged, MARRIED. That's pretty quick for someone who didn't even want to be someone's girlfriend. I get the idea that she just woke up one day and knew, but come on, 3 months? Also the scene at the wedding where they were reconnecting I felt like it was real and they had a definite chemistry going. So we're expected to believe she has something even better going on with this new guy she met a couple months ago?

I didn't think the idea that they weren't meant to be together wasn't applied well enough. I felt like all the scenes where it looked like she didn't want to be with him were because she was afraid of commitment. They had such great chemistry that even in the final scene at the bench I thought she was going to break up with her husband and go back to him. They just seemed really compatible.

I felt like we were supposed to like both characters but I agree with Tom, Summer is just way to inconsistent to be likeable. If my girlfriend was acting the way she did with Tom at that wedding I would be very concerned!

In summary, I feel like she came off as whoreish, and she wasn't supposed to.

Also does anyone notice that Zooey Deschannel plays pretty much the same character in every movie she's in?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Also does anyone notice that Zooey Deschannel plays pretty much the same character in every movie she's in?
    She's the female Michael Cera evidently
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Del Murder and I just about died laughing when Summer & Tom were playing the penis game. Mostly cause we had JUST been playing the exact same game the day before. What are the odds?

Also loved all the Ikea scenes, just cause the Boyfriend and I love hanging out at Ikea. Great seeing it in the film cause honestly, it's such a great representation of the kinds of stuff that real couples do with each other. Ikea is like Couplestopia.

I loved all the little elements in the film that made it quirky and whimsical. The reality/expectations split screen was great. The dance number, the sketches taking over the whole screen, even the jumping around throughout the 500 days of Summer. I didn't come away in love with the movie, but it was really good. Not as great as Eternal Sunshine though.