Thread: (500) Days of Summer

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh yeah, the penis game. I randomly brought that up while jogging the day before. I have no idea why I brought it up. I had no information about this movie yet! So weird.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That is a funny coincidence. xD

@ Zoey playing the same characters: It is kinda true. I think the difference with this one is that her character was so freaking unreadable, when her other ones were just a bit more snarky. I'm sorta impressed by her, but I'd like her to branch out more. Who knows though, maybe she'll pull an Anne Hathaway and really do something impressive, like when Hathaway did Rachel Getting Married! But with that same, Zoey has a bit of that Summer effect on you, while being pretty average. So I guess it was suiting. She's charming.

I dunno, no one impresses me as much as Kate Winslet in terms of variety. I'm in love with Audrey Tatou, but even she doesn't do variety on the level of Winslet. And in terms of the similarity between Kate Winslet's character in Eternal Sunshine and Zoey's character in 500 Days (imo), Kate Winslet portrayed hers much better.

The only thing that was a stand out love it/hate it thing with me in this movie was how the styles were inconsistent. I liked them all, but it seemed like they all didn't really match each other. It felt a bit more like a quilt work than a seamless movie at times.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just saw it yesterday with Rye and my feelings are mixed. I thought it was a brilliantly shot movie and some of the scenes were astoundingly beautiful. The scene on the train with the sunset was absolutely gorgeous; I have rarely seen something so beautiful on film.

However I had essentially the same problems as Del. It felt like the overall plot was forced in a direction which didn't make sense given that the two characters got on extremely well, except when Summer was being forced to act in a particular way that advanced the plot.

Also was it just me or in the last scene of them, at his favorite view, had she been crying pretty hard before he showed up?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

this is the sequel to 30 days of night right

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    this is the sequel to 30 days of night right
    xDxDDDD!

No that's Dust to Dust ! The Web Series !

Loved it, Zooey Deschanel makes flinty attractive...not easy.
    I will never be a memory.

I want to see this movie, but I have to wait until mid-november to see it!