Thread: Races.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Are there any particular differences going to be noted between the (assumingly) different human types? Same goes for the difference between an Elf and High Elf. Or are we going to just leave them all as generic humans (or elves, when we establish their race description)?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I figured I'd leave that open to the imaginations of you lot. I'm sure you can come up with something.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Islanders
    These humans live on the Shiny Islands, a group of islands of varying size. Due to their tropical surroundings, they are quite tanned and athletic. While many towns and small cities exist on these islands, there are many small villages and settlements.

The Islanders are quite skilled at hunting and foraging, which had been their primary source of food for *insert time period here guys*. Their craftsmen are most skilled working with timber, especially in the creation of sea vessels. It is for this reason than many Islanders move to *Wherever our biggest port city is* in order to find employment and develop their skills.

Add or edit at your will.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Islanders sound good. Accepted.

Sparivan

The continent of Spariva and the Greenfrost Islands are "home" to the Human group known as the Sparivan. Most Sparivan are much paler in comparison to others of their race due to the arctic nature of the land. Generally the more bitter of the Human groups, Sparivan only call the land of Spariva a temporary home, thinking that one day the continent of Amano will be their dominion again. War and battle are touchy subjects to them and they consider their "loss" of Amano to be the fault of the Moogles just as much as they do the Dwarves of Baroke. For this reason, a great deal of focus is put forth into their soldiers' training.

After being "pushed" to Spariva, the Sparivan learned to fashion shelters and buildings from the icy landscapes. Mountains, glaciers, and frozen rivers are hollowed and used for residence as well as a convenient source of water and defense against the elements. Most areas of Spariva still hold to traditional monarchy governments. Also, known for their silver tongues, Sparivan excel at mediation and are highly charismatic.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Wondering about characteristics of the Elves. I don't know about the rest of you, but I envision the High Elves to have a focus on academic and scholarly pursuits, whereas the Elves of Estapora are more attuned to nature.

Following this, I would assume that the Westerners would be more inclined to academic pursuits due to their interaction with High Elves. Just speculation really, if it's to be included I'd try and make it look clearer and nicer

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I think those are logical conclusions.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Elves
    The Elves of Estapora are often called "Woodland Elves" in order to distinguish them from the High Elves of Dulake. They have a great affinity for nature, making excellent herbalists, breeders and farmers.

The Woodland Elves have a great distaste for the Dwarves due to their opposing views in relation to the natural environment. Disputes seemingly always erupt whenever they cross paths, though they rarely meet. However, the humans of Shiny Island have a positive relationship with the Elves, as both peoples have a dependency and respect for nature.

High Elves
    Popular belief is that the ancestors of the High Elves came into close proximity with The Crystal and thereby gained a higher level of intellect. There is much doubt to the validity of this rumour, and it is often speculated that the High Elves spread this rumour themselves to fuel their own ego.

Regardless, the High Elves posses an intelligence greater than that of the other races. This leads them to partake in many scholarly and academic pursuits, and many High Elves spend their entire lives studying the planet, trying to unlock its secrets.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

This is all good stuff. We still need images for Elves (they don't necessarily have to be broken into Wood Elves and High Elves) and descriptions for the Human groups Westerners and Southerners.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Southerners
    While Bangaa are sometimes ill-treated by other denizens of Eizon, the Southerners and Bangaa have good relations. This is due mostly to their frequent interaction, brought on by being neighbouring countries. Southerners have an aptitude for trade and other professions requiring interpersonal skills.

Westerners
    Westerners are the most versatile of the humans. With borders neighbouring the High Elves, Moogles, Bangaa and Islanders, the Westerners have a variety of skills and knowledge at their disposal.

I really didn't feel like writing stuff up for these two, but here you are. They're not what I quite hoped, but I'm sure we can fix that up as we go

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Hey, good building blocks at any rate! I like how the world map really influenced our decisions on what races are more compatable with each other, too.

And let's go with this for Elves:

Elves.jpg

Ha, FFXI for the win. I would guess that High Elves would have much fairer complexion than the Estaporan Elves, too.

The roleplaying portions of Eizon will be open soon.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Glad that's wrapped up. The world map really was helpful, kudos to those who worked on it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Only thing I'd mention is that for the Sparivan, bitter and charismatic don't really go hand in hand.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Well, people can openly say that they're disappointed in past events and be clearly in denile of the outcome, yet still excel at coaxing others into thinking their way.