Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where are they now?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unhappy where are they now?

Do you have any internet friends you wish you could contact? Sometimes, when I remember somebody's real name or screen name, I'll google them/facebook them, but usually it doesn't turn up with any results.

So if you're named Rob Crocker, or had the sn SkySilverton (two different people!) I'd like to hear from you;oooo

Then there's also a guy named David whose sn I don't even remember anymore >_>;;; a couple of girls named Deidre and Dani.

Also, the people I am barely in fringe contact with now, and am slightly terrified that they will slip out of my life/reach entirely, possibly before I realize it.

Before I go all sad and teary, I might do well to remember all the people I have managed to get some sort of hold on, and who will never disappear! Thank you, web 2.0!

There are perhaps two dozen people I wish I still had contact with. However, because I'm a terrible person and a troll, they refuse to talk to me.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

There are a few people from years ago, and one in particular, I wish I could talk to again. The worst part about the particular one is that I probably could call/email this person but I wouldn't even know what to say.

There are a few people from years ago, and one in particular, I wish I could talk to again. The worst part about the particular one is that I probably could call/email this person but I wouldn't even know what to say.
    "We should meet up for beers and casual sex."

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

There was a girl I was very close to online, one of my first real close internet friends. Paul remembers her because he remembers all, but no one else probably does. We had a falling out and we both changed a great deal. I guess that happens with most people I've been close to though. The idea of permanent friends is a nice one, but pretty rare for me, especially since I don't put up much of a fight when people go. C'est la vie.

The idea of losing contact with a few people on this forum makes me very worried.
    Last edited by Rye; 08-10-2009 at 03:41 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Not even feasible. xD

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's weird for me to think that there's people I was fairly good acquaintances with in high school that I haven't spoken to since graduation - over two years ago, now. Same with some people from freshman year of college that I haven't really hung out with since then, though I do see them around campus.

There's not many people online that I really say have fully disappeared that I miss too much. Most of them are all still around in one form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Not even feasible. xD
    It's mostly used as an ice breaker. If they laugh, you can continue the conversation from there. If they agree, hey, beer and sex are good.

A guy named Travis who lives in Kansas that I talked to when I was like 15 or 16. He was pretty cool then idk what happened, I think I lost his contact info.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess it would be kind of cool to talk to the guys I used to play Ultima Online 10+ years ago. Too weird though.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I managed to find one of my people above; I doubt it'll grow back into the camraderie it was before, but I feel more secure just knowing they're still there

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I guess it would be kind of cool to talk to the guys I used to play Ultima Online 10+ years ago. Too weird though.
    Wow, ditto. It would be especially weird for me considering I was 12-14 when I played a lot and most of the people I played with were ~20 at least.

Nah, the people I actually care to speak too I still do, the rest could be dead in a sewer somewhere for all I care.

There's more than few people I wish I still had contact with. It sucks when people disappear from the internet with no warning
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are several girls that I talked to for months, but I broke it off because it got a little.. weird.

Anywho, at that time I wouldn't have minded seeing them.