Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: An American WereItalian in London (23rd-25th October, probably)

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default An American WereItalian in London (23rd-25th October, probably)

Not going to put any real dates on this yet, especially since I don't know much about my schedule yet, but let's get down to it.

EoFF Meet-Up in the London/Reading/Oxford area. Early October, possibly? Or later. Or any not terrible busy weekend, since it's all close to me. Someone recommended Mid-term as a possibility, which I could do, though I do plan to do some Eurotraveling around then, so I'd prefer a time earlier, but that's just me, I'm all into compromise!

Reading would be the sort of central point between those two, but London has more stuff to do. Oxford to Reading is about 50 minutes, which is about the distance from Reading to London, both by train. It's all in real close proximity. So no bellyaching about distances if you're in any of those 3 areas! My daily commute to work was almost that much, so it's all doable.

Who is interested?

I know I've already piqued the interest of Resha and tmra and Paul, and I'm My Own MILF will come with me to whatever meet up. Lindy and I are planning to meet up on our own sometime, though I'l see if he wants to come to a big meet-up as well. I'll try to harass DK into going. Perhaps some Europeans should come over! But I'll just make a fresh list to see who is still interested:

Interested From This Thread:
    Rye
    Levian
    Psychotic
    I'm My Own MILF
    Iceglow
    Blue Harvest
    J

Last edited by Rye; 08-12-2009 at 03:22 AM.

Oxford area is a definite can-do from me.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tickets to London are always cheap and I have more time and money than ever, so I might just take you up on this. I take it Oxford and Reading aren't too far outside London? I'll probably be able to make it regardless of which place we choose, but I might need some guidance in getting there. :mog:

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was going to but if Levian's coming then

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Tickets to London are always cheap and I have more time and money than ever, so I might just take you up on this. I take it Oxford and Reading aren't too far outside London? I'll probably be able to make it regardless of which place we choose, but I might need some guidance in getting there. :mog:
    Oh, Levian!

<--- why does this still look so weird.

Reading is a 40-50 minute train to London, very easy. Oxford is more like 2 hours from it. I wasn't actually expecting international folks, but if we're lucky enough to have some like you, I'm sure people will be willing to compromise and shift to Reading, since it's closer. There's a lot to do in Reading, lots of cool night life and shopping and it's close to London.

I'd love to show up but i'm saving up for the MCM Expo in London in October. :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's okay!

London has a lot of expos. Lindy is gonna bring me to a I cried aloud with mirth and merrimentita expo!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And this is [strike]why[/strike] one of the reasons filtering l o l is retarded.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'd be fine any day after the 13th of October.

Before then is tricky. There's a four day course I'm booked on for work and there's other going on too.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cool cool, might be a hassle to get back and forth to Oxford then. Also, if anyone has a couch they're willing to let me crash on for 2-3 nights then let me know! I've never been to London so I definitely need to check that place out when I'm first there.

Cool cool, might be a hassle to get back and forth to Oxford then. Also, if anyone has a couch they're willing to let me crash on for 2-3 nights then let me know! I've never been to London so I definitely need to check that place out when I'm first there.
    I've only been there once myself, though due to bad timing it turned out to be boring as hell.

Though the 2 hour ride on the Virgin train there and back was worth it, who woulda thought a train ride could be so relaxing, they had a tea vendor.

A TEA VENDOR.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Dude they have tea vendors on every train that goes between Brum and Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Dude they have tea vendors on every train that goes between Brum and Leicester.
    Goddamnit, if only the trains into New street (or am I thinking of Moor Street? I forgot <_<) were so kind, no all they have is used chewing gum and chavs who reak of spliff.

Last edited by Crimson; 08-10-2009 at 03:16 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Reading is more interesting than Oxford, unless you're interested in a more historical town with big buildings. Reading has a better shopping centre I think.

At least you guys can have the pleasure of my absence.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Firstly Jess ma girl, hellz yeah lets do this stuff I live in London so it'd be awesome for me just give me a lil advance warning on certain weekend dates so I can get my ass out of work that weekend.

secondly:
    Maybe on this, it might be cool for a night maybe 2, depends Me and my girlfriend have our own place but I'm not sure if it will work well, I will let you know because her parents are here soon and that'll be an interesting experiment.