Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Downloadable Content

PSP Downloadable Content

Alrighty, I've had my PSP for a while now, but I have only used it for playing UMD games. Now there is more and more content being released via the internet, but I have no idea how to get that content onto my PSP. I realize it is a bit of a noobish question, but I can't find the answer anywhere.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

do you have a ps3?

Indeed I do, but it is not hooked up to the internet...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Oh, you need to hook it to the internet, then connect your psp to the ps3. then you can transfer content to the psp.

I'm not sure I can hook my PS3 up to the Internet, but, ok, assuming I do that, how do I transfer stuff from the PS3 to the PSP?

I dont actually have a psp but, there should be like a usb cable with it to connect the two, go to remote play on your ps3 and it should tell you. your ps3 should be able to get online, it has wireless.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Or one of the new updates put the PlayStore store on the PSP. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite came with it and I think you can down the update somewhere from the actual website.

I can't download the update because I can't connect my PS3 or PSP up to the internet. I don't have a wireless network at home, and I can't run cables to it. So I guess I'm out of luck, but thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo King View Post
    I dont actually have a psp but, there should be like a usb cable with it to connect the two, go to remote play on your ps3 and it should tell you. your ps3 should be able to get online, it has wireless.
    Thank you for mentioning the USB cable. Bringing that up prompted me to check out a couple things. I found that the USB cable that is used for charging the wireless PS3 controllers is also of the correct format to connect to the PSP, and that the downloads are availible through the internet once the PSP is connected to one of my PC's USB ports. So I seem to have solved my problem. I thank you very much for the input, and apologize for the double post and the noobish question. This thread may be locked now.

Your welcome, glad I was able to help.

As a side note, is it possible to use the USB connection to the PS3 to display a PSP's video on my television?

IE, if I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics on my PSP, and my PSP is connected to my PS3 (which is, in turn, connected to my television), is there any way to have my television displaying the FFT game that I'm playing on my PSP?

actualy you don't need the PS3 to get PSN content on the PSP all you need is a wireless router and your PSP WLAN switch turned on, then you can access the net or PSN Store form the PSP itself, i don't own a PS3 but got FFVII on my PSP through the WLAN, PSP can access the PSN without assistance from a PS3...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    As a side note, is it possible to use the USB connection to the PS3 to display a PSP's video on my television?

IE, if I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics on my PSP, and my PSP is connected to my PS3 (which is, in turn, connected to my television), is there any way to have my television displaying the FFT game that I'm playing on my PSP?
    No, you can only watch videos that are on the PSP memory card on the PS3. If you wish to watch the games you play on the tv you need to get a specific cable for this, but it also depends on the PSP you have.

PSP 1000 & 2000 only allows you to watch UMD movies through the tv using this cable, but the PSP 3000 (the latest one out) allows you to watch UMD's and view the games you're playing on there.

Hope this answers your question
    I'll figure it out later...

There IS a way to play your PSP (all 3 versions) games on your TV, but it has nothing to do with the PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    There IS a way to play your PSP (all 3 versions) games on your TV, but it has nothing to do with the PSP.
    I'm assuming this isn't a legal option :P
    I'll figure it out later...