Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Games you loved that never hit the spotlight.

Default Games you loved that never hit the spotlight.

Basically.

For me, the one that comes to mind the most was Digimon World and Jade Cocoon, both classics which I absolutely drooled over because I just loved everything about them at that age.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Digimon World and Jade Cocoon
    I just came :<3:

there was a picture here

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Digimon World was awesome.
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Seiken Densetsu 3.

But it's prolly because it never came out in the US, for those who played the emulator patched version know what I'm talking about.

I wish they'd release it, but alas, I'll have to just continue showing people it's greatness instead of them just knowing due to mass promotion.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Rudra no Hishou. I believe it was Squaresoft's last SNES RPG and it was an absolutely beautiful game. The graphics really pushed the SNES and looked like FFVI 2.0. It was never released in the US and it's a damn shame it's not one of the millions of games Square ports to the DS.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Chrono Cross and Jade Cocoon (Chrono Cross never hit europe =( so I had to play it through emulators)
    And TOMBI!
    I'll figure it out later...

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Beyond the Beyond. Heh heh. Although the key word is loved. Of course now I realize what a pile of it is. But for years I loved that game and wondered why more people hadn't ever heard of it or played it. :P
    --Box Box Box Box

Dragon Warrior Monsters. That is the game that got me into games, and I still love it.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And here's the obligatory Ico plug from me. The only reason everyone seems to know about it now is thanks to Shadow of the Colossus, and considering it only sold about 50,000 copies it's safe to say that almost no one played it. I really wish it had been given a Greatest Hits release after Shadow of the Colossus brought more attention to it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll say Suikoden. There's the fanbase, the reviewers, and everyone else. The fanbase are very often "best games ever" types - I certainly am. The reviewers tend to give the games scores that are exactly average and unnoteworthy. And the rest of the world has never heard of them.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Septerra Core and Digimon World. I loved those games. I didn't know Digimon World was unpopular. But I go to a Digimon forum so yeah...

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I'll say Suikoden. There's the fanbase, the reviewers, and everyone else. The fanbase are very often "best games ever" types - I certainly am. The reviewers tend to give the games scores that are exactly average and unnoteworthy. And the rest of the world has never heard of them.
    Suikoden may never have reached a mainstream spotlight, but the series has sure become well known throughout the internet. The main problem is that the first two have become so rare as to be prohibitively expensive for new people to get into.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

The first Suikoden can be downloaded for a mere $10 on the Playstation Store. Hopefully Suikoden II gets the same treatment.

I liked Mega Man Legends a whole lot, could never find a copy of MML2 though. :aimcry:

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll do my obligatory Xenogears reference, amazing game that many people adored when it came out but just disappeared in the ongoing fangasm of VII fans and the hype of the upcoming VIII. It has a following on the net but the game has never really reached mainstream or critical acclaim (despite getting amazing scores when it was originally released).

I will also go with Jade Cocoon and the Digimon games. I will also add Sly Cooper. Yes the game did very well but it always was the black sheep of the "Sony Trinity". Despite doing amazing gameplay, characters, and story. People were more interested in the "FPS wannabe" of Ratchet and Clank and the "GTA wannabe" of Jax and Daxter.

SMT series also gets a worthy mention. Its nice that Persona finally brought it more into the mainstream and Atlus is willing to bring them out but it seemed like years before it really caught on and the main series is pretty damn snazzy.