Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloud...

Angry Cloud...

I just felt like posting this...out of all the main ff characters...Cloud's has got to be the biggest douche. He's just a royal Jackass! I've been reading all the topics about tifa and him being together and how he never did "really" get with her. Even after all the hell she went with for and with him. He was too busy thinking about himself and the mistakes he made in the past and not the others that cared for him and the future they could have.

To me, he's just a jackass:

Kicks like a old rusted pontiac and only cares about number one!

Who cares about Cloud?

We all know that everyone played FFVII for Cait Sith.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Cloud was an idiot for most of the game, yeah. Though he was not obligated to "get with" Tifa regardless of her sacrifices, if he didn't want her that way (though I agree that she was better for him than Aeris).

Cid Highwind was the true hero of FF7 anyway.

Blog Entries

NO! RedXIII was the main character of FF7!

Tifa was quite a bitch as well so I guess Cloud and Tifa are perfect for each other
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

What did Tifa do that was remotely bitch-like? If anything, she was overly nice and shy (despite her appearance).

Blog Entries

Well I will admit I cant remember all too much about the characters anymore except RedXIII but I remember she was cold to Cloud when they were young and just let him believe that they were friends in his warped mind as well as every other lie Cloud said about Nimbelheim. Also the slap fight ontop of the cannon but that doesnt really count I guess. Also she wasnt very nice to Don Corneo, the second most main character!
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

tifa was probably the best character in the game, IMO. She stood by him no matter what even after finding out he was a freaking looney and thought he was someone else.

Cid is the true hero though! although the sequels destroyed for me...(his voice, wheres the foul mouth!)

I'm just saying that because cloud is almost an icon when it comes to gaming. if you dont know who cloud strife is, you have lived in a closet (or outside) your whole life. And I just think he sucks :/

Blog Entries

cloud did boink tifa, the one night under the highwind wile wating on every one

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've always disliked Tifa and Cloud's relationship cause to me it seems to be a complete lie. Tifa goes on and on about Cloud being her childhood friend and when you finally see the flashbacks, you learn that Tifa hardly knew him. He was just one of many who hanged out with her and she even had a hard time remembering anything about him before he talked to her on the water tower. Yet even when the truth is revealed they go back to the whole "we were special friends" spiel they had been carrying around for the 2/3rds of the game.

So I feel her foundation for loving him is pretty shaky. Cloud can get away with forgetting important details cause he's afflicted with Jenova but what's Tifa's excuse? Her sole purpose in the title (besides T&A) is to reveal major plot points long after they should have been revealed and to forget important details until it becomes conveniently necessary. God she pisses me off...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I've always disliked Tifa and Cloud's relationship cause to me it seems to be a complete lie. Tifa goes on and on about Cloud being her childhood friend and when you finally see the flashbacks, you learn that Tifa hardly knew him. He was just one of many who hanged out with her and she even had a hard time remembering anything about him before he talked to her on the water tower. Yet even when the truth is revealed they go back to the whole "we were special friends" spiel they had been carrying around for the 2/3rds of the game.

So I feel her foundation for loving him is pretty shaky. Cloud can get away with forgetting important details cause he's afflicted with Jenova but what's Tifa's excuse? Her sole purpose in the title (besides T&A) is to reveal major plot points long after they should have been revealed and to forget important details until it becomes conveniently necessary. God she pisses me off...
    True, but I feel it borrows from the real life experience of meeting someone from your hometown/school/whatever that you never really talked to, but really hitting it off based on that shared experience. Everyone goes through that, meeting someone at college or on your summer vacation from such, that you never talked to back then, but you guys really get along great now that the introduction was made.

When you add in the fact that Tifa and Cloud are really the last surviving people from the Nibelheim incident (Zangan not a native, and the others turned into mindless "clones"), that's a strong bond they share, and that's something you can build on.

I like how the developers kept the relationship open-ended, even in the movie Advent Children, where the audience is supposed to interpret their relationship based on how they play the game. And I always get Tifa at the Gold Saucer scene.

I kinda don't like how they made Cloud bitch out in that movie, though. After playing and beating the game, I just find it hard to believe he would go back into super loner-mood after everything he's been through and experienced. Maybe GeoStigma has something to do with that.

squall was even more of a self centred bam than cloud

So you think Cloud was a jerk, but like Cid?! Cid who treats Sherra like scum because, oh I dunno- making sure he didn't die. "Damn you Sherra, why aren't you making tea for these complete strangers who just barged into your house without knocking! Damn you woman!"

At least Cloud has an excuse for his aloofness, Cid's just a prat.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Cid made up for it by being badass and hilarious. He also ran funny.

ya cid was just funny. plus in the end, it is hinted that they were in love and he cared for her deeply...even though he emotionally abused her on a regular basis >.> (Cid is from Alabama! j/k)

plus his duck run was funny. cloud wasnt amusing, bad, or funny. he just sucked :/

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I guess another strategy of making the main character a kind of canvas for the player is to make him a bit of a bland jerk