Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rae Spoon

3 50.00%
  • Choir of Young Believers

1 16.67%
  • FAIR

1 16.67%
  • I didn't really like any of these that much.

1 16.67%
  • MEET ME AT THE HOTEL, MOTEL, HOLIDAY INN

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Eyes on Obscure Bands and Musical Artists (and health care lolz!) Week Seven:

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Eyes on Obscure Bands and Musical Artists (and health care lolz!) Week Seven:

Three new bands!

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical
    Rae Spoon
    A shemale Canadian artist that tours and played at a local alternative lifestyles pub called the "Velvet Elvis."
    he's twangy, but upbet.

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raespoon"> Rae Spoon MySpace</a>
    My favourite song was: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQubvexqIIQ">White Hears Comes Rolling</a>
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACHRKFZ2K_8&feature=PlayList&p=3D777A6F7C5DE7C8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=41">If I were a boy cover</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by daggertrepe
    There is this REALLY cool unknown band called Fair and they are one of my faveeees.

FAIR | InSession by Antistatic™

FAIR on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by Breine
    Choir of Young Believers:
    Although it sounds like a big group of Christians from Harlem, it's actually very much of a one-man-band, with the Danish/Greek/Filipino guy Jannis Noya Makrigiannis hiding behind the name. He used to be a part of a indie group called Lake Placid, before he decided to go solo and do his own thing. His musical style can be described as indie/alternative/singer-songwriter. He combines emotional lyrics and vocals with often dramatic and organic music that creeps in and opens up much like a flower.
    He's without a doubt one of my favourite artists, and I find that his music speaks for itself.. so, here are some links:

Choir of Young Believers - Sharpen Your Knife
    Choir of Young Believers - Next Summer
    Choir of Young Believers - Claustrophobia
    Choir of Younge Believers - Things I Stole

More to come next week! Listeeennnn!

I thought Rae Spoon was really interesting. Not only because of the whole female-to-male transgender thing, but also because I think that, even though he's now male, it's really beautiful that he still has this very pretty and feminine voice.
    I'm a sucker for the whole LGBT thing as it is, but I also thought the music was really nice. I think I'll look more into it.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Choir of Young Believers is really good

Choir of Young Believers is good, but I notice a trend with the vocals and the music. There doesn't seem to be much deviation from the styles between the four songs provided. It works as far as a musical artist goes, but it doesn't really catch me as something I would go out of my way to listen to. It's pretty good background music though.

I don't really care for Rae Spoon. I only listened to "White Hears Comes Rolling" and it didn't give me that great of an impression to continue listen to any other songs. It's too typical to me, I think.

From the brief listen I gave Fair, they seem decent but also stylistically simplistic, which is a dime-a-dozen in the music industry. That impression was formed in the two minutes that I listened to "Carelessness" for. I'll listen to them a little bit later on though.

If you guys like Choir of Young Believers, you should check out the myspace. It has more songs.

I'm biased, obviously, but I adore FAIR.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm a little low on submissions. Please send me some, before I do the next OBAMA?

Thanks guys! I'll close this for now.