Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't look down

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to glance at the keyboard every now and again, most of the time I just go back and correct my mistakes If I make any.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty tubbish at it tbh. I'm doing it now, and I'm lawyas a few keys off of the one I want. I'm a really hast typer when I look though, so i should learn to touch type.

Translation: I'm pretty rubbish at it tbh. I'm doing it now, and I'm always a few keys off of the one I want. I'm a really fast typer when I look though, so I should learn to touch type.

Oh yeah, I actually took typing as a class for one year in elementary school xD

Didn't teach me much in the ways of typing, but hey.. I learned how to make my own business card!

So yeah, even though I took typing 101, I've pretty much teached myself how to type.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

easiest way to learn are those typing games. They are fun, in a sad way

This is me not looking down, not only that, but on a keyboard that I'm slightly unconfortable on. I honestly do most of my typing without having to look, usually when I look, I somehow complicate the typing process in my mind and then I screw up like half of everything I type, so it's much better for me to type without looking.

My hands go just about everywhere, I know that my right hand crosses my left sometimes if like.. the first letter is R, then I'll use my left hand, but if the second letter is R and the letter after that is like an S, then I'll use my right hand for R, my left hand for S... Yeah it's weird.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty damn incredible at it.

Proof: Meeko Nari and Jume - a meme from The Ferrett

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Hello EoFF I am touch typing. Fffff idk I'm pretty alright at it, but i've never learnt the PRO SUPER OFFICIAL way to do it, and I still slip up more than when typing regularly and I'm rather a lot slower. I normally touch type and glance down once every couple of minutes, or obv. when I begin typing.

I use my left middle and index finger, the 3rd only for shift or caps lock. Right hand I use my first 2 fingers for a few letters and the 3rd for one or two letters and return and backspace &c. My pinky fingers just sort of hover there awkwardly! No wait - left pinky does Ctrl sometimes. I never use my right thumb for backspace, only the left. I have to look for the numbers and related symbols if I don't use them often.
    Last edited by scrumpleberry; 08-14-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I am preyyu good at it i think, hoervrt i think i could be completely wrong here. In gact this is impossible.

-Yep, that was alot harder than I thought it was.

Str8 Pimpin'

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to type with all of my fingers, it's really interesting I don't look down at the keyboard as i type, but i can watch out of the corner of my eye and it looks interesting...*stares*

Ironically enough, i took a class to learn how to type properly, and I cheated all the time cause i couldn't do it the way he was teaching (he put orange covers on the keys so you couldn't see them) and i ended up teaching myself pretty well

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't actually remember the last time I looked at a keyboard.

Seriousness aside, I only need to look at the keyboard to start a sentence off, assuming I've left a long break between the end of the previous and the start of the current, or if I've moved my hands away from the keyboard. Once I've hit a letter or whatever, though, I know where to put my fingers relative to that key to get the keys I want. I make pretty much equal typos as when I look more often at the keyboard, so I think I only cock up because I type fast.

I'm 18 and have been around computers for most of my life, so it's just something I've got the knack of. GCSE ICT was murder. Jesus, in two years I learnt NOTHING. I should not have been forced to do what was for me a completely useless subject. Luckily, GCSEs don't matter in the slightest.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    easiest way to learn are those typing games. They are fun, in a sad way
    YES. :mog:

In third grade, my mom got this really old used computer and it had a really old typing program on it. I thought it was fun, it told me where to put my fingers and everything. xD and the game on it was excellent, I spent ages on that. Y'know, the ones where the words fall down the screen and you have to type them before they hit the bottom.

So that's how I learned typing. I type the correct way, as far as I know, and my WPM is 130. :3 Touch typing is easy, since I don't look at the keys when I type anyway. But I do have some trouble touch-typing numbers quickly.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It's easy! Just find the little bumps on the F and J key and start typing away!

I usually check a for a second at the keyboard every time I type. Its weird cause before I use be complete ters at typing as I had to look constantly to see where all the letters are placed.

Back in the days where PC's and CD ROMS were just entering the mainstream by 1992 we were taught how to properly align your fingers when operating a keyboard...

Like I said before, I was a complete ters!!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm okay at it I guess, a lot slower and I make mistakes, but I'm anal enough about spelling correctly that I go back and edit all the time anyway. I look at the keyboard usually.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I type faster when I look at the keyboard, and better too. This whole post is me typing without looking and so far it;s ... neer mind. I could habe done that a lot faster if I was looking. I gook typing classes in school but that was more caise theu were a fin class than because I wanted to learn how to type better, I pretty mich learned to type my own way and can keep up well enough with it.