Thread: Items to keep, Items to sell

Default Items to keep, Items to sell

I sorta hold on to a lot of my items and make sure I have at least 2 of each in my inventory in case I suddenly need them. But do I really need to? Other than Gyshal Greens, what other items should I hold onto and not sell? I figure there's lots of stuff I can sell (especially the stuff I can always get from animals), but what should I hold on to?

Hope you can help.
    Final Fantasy Infusion - Live the Adventure

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The most important thing you should do when you play FF12 is research their ty bazaar stuff. If you want two items that take 6 of item B each, then it makes sense that you should be able to just sell 12 of those items. But SE are cwaaaazy, so if you sell 12 and buy the item, the amount of B you have sold to the bazaar is reset to 0. You could sell 99 of them at once and still only get one bazaar good. But if you sold them 6 at a time you get as many as you want. It's stupid.

However, the bazaar only matters if you want to get the super awesome bestest weapons. If not, then just sell whatever. If you do want the weapons, then you'd better get some research in because there is no chance you're gonna be able to fluke these items. It's insane. Things to definitely hold onto are souls. Any soul, just keep it. I know of a few others you should keep until you start going for the uber weapons, but can't remember the names unfortunately.

If this is your first playthrough, don't worry about the bazaar. In fact, unless you're planning on keeping the game and getting the guide, then you can just sell to the bazaar and not bother with uber weapons. Though it is, of course, up to you. The internet has plenty of guides and info on getting the most out of the bazaar.

I'll definitely just sell the cheap stuff I can get over and over again then hold on to anything that seems rare. Thanks for the tip! And I DOUBT I'll play through this game again any time soon. already 65 hours in! INSANELY huge game!

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I'm pretty OCD when it comes to curative items in games. I like to have the same number of all of them that are available, usually ~10. That way, I can cure whatever nasty status ailment comes at me super quickly instead of waiting on magic to do the same thing. In general, items are way faster than magic in this game.

Pretty much everything else, I sold. Things in this game are too expensive when you're playing straight through so I needed to sell to get cash in a lot of spots.

All loot should be sold. It's useful for nothing but money.

I ended up selling lots and made quite a pretty penny. Bought some better weapons/armor and got high level magic too. Woot. Holding onto the rare stuff though. I'll wait until the later parts in the game to sell them.

By the way, without spoiling anything, is it WORTH it to buy the Grimoires for sale? Or is it just information?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo View Post
    I ended up selling lots and made quite a pretty penny. Bought some better weapons/armor and got high level magic too. Woot. Holding onto the rare stuff though. I'll wait until the later parts in the game to sell them.

By the way, without spoiling anything, is it WORTH it to buy the Grimoires for sale? Or is it just information?
    You mean forgotten grimoires??? id buy them, since they make it easier to get rare drops from enemies

I wouldn't buy em till the end of the game. Because at the end you get-*gets pulled into darkness*