Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    This makes Lamonda and I the first couple on the face of the Earth to have both beaten Ozma at level 1. Everything is proceeding as I have forseen.
    :snowman: :snowgirl:

Articles
    Blog Entries

Question hello?

Hows Croyles doing?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Didn't have much time to play today. I taught Quina Limit Glove, then headed off to Gizmalukes Grotto. Attempted the first black mage fight and petrified one of them, only to have Quina critical hit the other for 500 damage from the back row some 5-10 minutes later. Don't have time to attempt it again tonight, so I'll give the fight another go tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Congratulations, Marshall Banana! Great freaking amazing job for completing this challenge!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow! congratulations Banana!

I am pleased to announce that from Saturday onwards I will have more free time which should make it possible for me to finish my game, although I still need to level up my Thievery l0l.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Thanks! :mymelkiss:
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    I am pleased to announce that from Saturday onwards I will have more free time which should make it possible for me to finish my game, although I still need to level up my Thievery l0l.
    Now that I'm done, I'll be your cheerleader!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Played a bit tonight.

The black mage fights went well. Used tents on them to make them helpless followed by antidotes to keep them from accidentally dying, then just hit them with Quina over and over until they petrified. I had the crap scared out of me for a second in the first fight when I petrified the first one and then Quina got a critical hit on the second. Luckily though, it was only for 350 hit points this time so it didn't die.

Killed Quina before fighting Gizmaluke and lucked out in that it came back with 1 HP after using a Phoenix Down on the first try. One Limit Glove later and I made it through the Grotto with only Vivi killed.

Got my river Chocobo and Vivi's Oak Staff for Stop, so next stop is Burmecia. I've thought about learning some abilities while I'm still near the south gate and it's handy healing fountain, but I'm not sure. At this point I kind of just want to move on and finish the first disc. I might just have Zidane learn Flee and then move on.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Little update. I played a few times over the weekend and made some progress. Burmecia was a cake walk mostly. The black mage fight, despite Vivi having a higher chance of stopping them than Quina does petrifying them ended in petrification. Go figure. Collected the treasures around town, killed off Quina and brought her back at 1 HP and proceeded to one hit Beatrix. Cue the end of disc 1.

Once it switched over to Steiner and Garnet, I picked up Marcus and we dealt a beat down to Black Waltz no. 3 again. Nothing spectacular there, just cure and attack till he died. Once I made it to the other gate I made a slight detour to Dali to stock up on wrists because the low level walk through told me that Zidane's party could get into Lindblum before heading to Clayra. I'm sure we can see where this is going, but all in due time.

Made my way to Treno, got the necessary treasures and skipped some of the things the guide says were optional since I was starting to run low on cash. Met Dr. Tot to get the Supersoft and headed down to Gargan Roo. This place was a pain in the ass without Flee or the ability to save every few steps. Only had one fight I really needed to run from, but it took me five phoenix downs and probably 15 potions to do it. Equipped Steiner with the Blood Sword and MP attack. Gave everyone else the best armour I could and fought the boss. Garnet used Protect on Steiner and Marcus and healed as needed. With Steiner doing about 600 damage in the front row the battle was over before Garnet got to use protect on herself. Got to Alexandria, got captured and things switch back to Zidane's party.

Now after buying the wrists earlier I made the detour to Lindblum to try and synth some cotton robes for cash. Get to the dragon gate and the trams aren't running. So unless I'm missing something I've got 99 wrists, 2,200 gil and no way to get into Lindblum. Wonderful. But all isn't totally lost. I now get the joy of playing some more Chocobo hot & cold to make money. Spent about half an hour at it and made 3,500 gil yesterday through digging it up and selling some items. I might try some more later today, but suffice it to say that this is kind of annoying.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

The fun is about to start (or maybe it already has since your post was made yesterday)!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

What happened? =O

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I had a bunch of stuff come up in my life that got me away from this challenge right after my last post and then some games I've been looking forward to for a while started coming out and eating up the free time I do have. I plan on getting back to this challenge eventually, but I probably won't be able to focus on it until after New Year's from the way things are looking. I certainly haven't given up, but the challenge is on the backburner for the time being.

This is a new one.

I actually went ahead and tried this and I defeated Trance Kuja with a level 1 party. It never occurred to me to try defeating Ozma at level 1. It sounds cool though.