Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Level One Ozma challenge!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Level One Ozma challenge!

Yes! Even though I have work to be doing at the moment, I stupidly decided to attempt this!

I will post some screens of it when I get a little further.

Wish me luck!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yarr! Ye'll catch that white devil, cap'n!

Seriously though, good luck. Kudos to you for even trying it. I'll give you some more if you do it.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Wow, good luck. You're crazy.

I did this challenge a few years back. It is a very fun challenge. Some of the most fun I've ever had with Final Fantasy.

Here is my thread from back then:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...-spoilers.html

It's full of strategies that got me through, so it may be helpful to check out, especially if you get stuck.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Thanks a lot Necro! Would it be considered cheating if I used a gamefaqs guide for this? I especially needed it against Sealion, which was a bitch.
    Would like to know straight up, because im not sure I would have the patience without using the guide I cried aloud with mirth and merriment.
    The guide hasnt exactly made it easy so far, I have no idea how I would have figured out how to kill Sealion without it though.

Also, is it bad that I didnt get 100 in the sword fighting mini game? Will I be able to get enough gil for later on without it?
    Last edited by Croyles; 08-15-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

There are some things you'd miss without a guide, like stealing the Needle Fork from the Zaghnol in Lindblum, which is crucial. I'd definitely use one (and will, when I do this challenge, someday).

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Cheers Kawaii for the help.
    Im at Lindblum now and just bought my equipment. Necro your tip about the 99 Wrists and Steepled Hats was brilliant! Thanks! About to do the Festival.

Blog Entries

Did it long ago as well, though I don't think I ever made a thread about it. Low-level challenges really are awesome (except in FF8). But in any case, yes you must absolutely not forget to steal the Needle Fork! I'm not completely sure who it was, but I think it was Necro who accidently forgot to steal it and ended up having to do everything all over again just because of that. So... absolutely make sure you steal it.

...and once you DO have it, prepare for a pure hell trying to stone all of the Black Mages in that cavern, whatever its name was. >_>

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah I got the needle fork and just got all the first bunch of chocographs, about to enter the Grotto.... oh oh.

Have fun in the Grotto. It's the first real hurdle in this challenge.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I passed the grotto. The black mages were really really annoying! But the boss was really easy with limit glove.

I got the blue chocobo, all the available choco treasures and learned magic hammer.
    Nearing end of disc 1

It sounds like you're doing very well -- keep it up. I suspect you won't have much trouble until Cleyra.
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 08-15-2009 at 11:49 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

oh god cleyra, i dont remember too much from that part of the game, but im sure there were quite a lot of those 'unavoidable' battles.

EDIT: Im at Treno now, and I realised I forgot one the Leo stellazio from Alexandria, which means I cant get the blood sword yet, is this a big problem?

EDITGA: Oh wait, cant get that till disc 3, i forgot the Taurus because i reloaded the save and didnt pick it up I cried aloud with mirth and merriment.

Im at Alexandria again now. Im really annoyed with my walkthrough because it told me that buying REFLECT RING really was just an option, it didnt tell me how much easier it makes life otherwise i would have bought it. GRRRRRRRRR.
    Last edited by Croyles; 08-16-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sigh, ok, after the 5th try I actually managed to get past the 3 mages and to the second last bandersnatch battle with freya and beatrix before they put beatrix to sleep and then killed her GRRRRRRR!!!

Now i have to try all over again

EDIT: YES! YES! YES! I just managed to get past all the mages and bandersnatches. I think that might have been THE most INTENSE series of battles ive ever played in a Final Fantasy. I was so frustrated but now im just elated!!
    Last edited by Croyles; 08-16-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    EDIT: YES! YES! YES! I just managed to get past all the mages and bandersnatches. I think that might have been THE most INTENSE series of battles ive ever played in a Final Fantasy. I was so frustrated but now im just elated!!
    That's the very reason to do these kind of challenges. The intense feeling when it's getting close in a battle you've tried and failed numerous times before, and especially the feeling when you finally manage to win. No normal playtrough ever offers you the same intensity.