Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 12345678122252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    It's based on a story by Stephen King, so I had high hopes, but the writing for the movie was pretty disappointing. Every plot development just seemed so forced, as if they wrote a story separate from the book and had to go back and quickly edit some things in.
    That's like Stephen King in a nutshell, dude. I can't imagine why you expected anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno View Post
    NECRO: which fight scene was your fave?
    The one where she was making Bruce Lee noises filled me with glee, but overall I think I have to go with the beat boy boss battle. I love when she starts to mime his tics, and that final kick basically seals the deal.

I can't wait for Raging Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno View Post
    neo: yah man good film. have you seen shaun of the dead?
    Own both of them actually. What I loved most about Shaun of the dead, is thats a very likely scenario to happen if there ever actually was a Zombie attack like that.

Yes, even the Jerry Springer thing at the end. XD

I still need to see Run Fatboy Run though.

Edit: I should also mention now the last Movie I have watched is the TV special Lupin III Vs. Detective Conan, with Subtitles since I don't think there was an English version.

It really wasn't them versing each other though, so much as they both ended up int he same situation and assisted each other. Overall though, I feel it captured all the characters used from both series very well, and the story and plot were very entertaining, though a bit more predictable then some of the better Conan Cases.

Overall, great movie, and I'd suggest for fans of either series.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Got dragged to see The Ugly Truth.
    Baisically, it's a typical and slightly amusing RomCom. Nothing special about it, but quite enjoyable.
    The Ugly Truth is the worst romcom I have ever seen. Romantic comedies is not a genre where the expectations are even that high. So to sink sooo far below it is pretty smurfing bad. Wow. It was horrible.

Other recent films I've seen...

The Hangover - Didn't expect to like it, but it was fantastic. Had me laughing like crazy during certain parts. Really enjoyable. There's one scene that still cracks me up just by thinking about it.

500 Days of Summer - Super cute film, thoughtful, quirky and innovative.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually haven't watched a movie in a while...last one was The Uninvited, really good storyline and acting a good 8/10!

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

I watched a pretty odd French animation called Fantastic Planet last night. Very unique compared to anything made in the west or east. The music is also very interesting to listen to and the artstyle is completely original. The story wasn't anything to cry home about but it moved things along and allowed us to see some pretty trippy stuff along the way. Really recommend the film to anyone that is tired of the same rehashed 3D animation we are given these days.

My only complaint was that it was too short.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OakOgtZphN4">Water Lilies</a>. I cried.

Blog Entries

'Up' you know after Wall.e I found that it'd be extremely hard for Pixar to make another cute film. I spent the whole entire film looking at wall.e and sighing 'awwwwwwwwwwwwww' 'awww' 'awwww he's sooooo cuuuute' >.<
    So when my bf and I decided to watch 'Up' I wasn't that excited UNTIL they showed some short subject: Partly cloud, to get you in the mood for fluffiness. So the filme actually began and they were the most emotional 5 minutes in my whole life, I looked liked a pregnant girl with mood swings: I cried, then I laughed, then I cried again... the rest of the film was just laughing and smiling because even though mr. Fredricksen had a tough life, which we all have, we all were hoping that the end would be good, the end turned out to be exactly what we were hoping for and THANK GOD. It may be cliché, the end, but the base of the story, which gave sense to the adventure it was very well executed.
    Besides... those graphics made me and my bf drool, the feather of the bird, the hundreds of dogs that appeared on the film, even mr. Fredricken beard was excelent.

Now I've read some critics that said that the first part was really harsh for kids, due to all the emotions, even though I think it might be too real for kids, when Mufasa died in "The Lion king" didn't we cry? Wasn't it harsh for Simba to lose its parents? (SPOILER)Then it was also harsh for mr. Fredricken to lose his wife...

9.5/10... Gogo Pixar!

The last movie I saw was Marley & Me. I thought it was a sweet movie, didn't have much of a story and it didn't really know whether it wanted to be a romantic comedy, family drama or a movie about human/dog relationships.. but, I still thought it was a sweet movie with some nice moments.

I remember enjoying Jennifer Aniston in it, actually. Also, the end had me crying like a baby. Got very close to personal experiences.

All in all a neat little movie about life and human/dog relationships I guess. Far from being a masterpiece but still rather enjoyable.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The End of Evangelion. The whole thing left me smurfing dizzy and confused and I loved every second of it. Definitely gonna add the DVD to my collection once I get the chance.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Gone In 60 Seconds [2000]

Everyone know's this film, but I never really enjoyed it until I seen it there again last night. It was a blast. The music was well good, the dialogue decent, and although the acting at times was patchy, it blended together quite nicely.

7.5/10

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    human/dog relationships

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Fargo. Different way of telling the story and the first movie to successfully turn my stomach with little gore. This movie is based on a true story of kidnapping and murder. Brilliantly done, I hope to watch it again sometime in a theater, Yaw.

8.5/10

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

<a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173987/">Little Girls</a>. Blackmail! Extortion! Prostitution! Drugs! Awesome!

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

:gruffi: