Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst 12345678910111213172757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Titan A.E.

I thought it was cute, but the scientific failures of it (multiplying acceleration by µ? and then adding force?! where is your unit god now!?) kinda got on my nerves, as well as the shallow personalities.

But hey, I bet I would've loved it as a kid Wish I'd watched it ten years ago. Had a nice matrix feel, and I liked the music and the general premise~

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just finished Ponyo... Very Japanese but I liked it. Not my favorite Miyazaki film but I couldn't help smiling the entire film and as usual, I was never bored. I give it 9 HAMS out of 10

I got my ass to mars and indulged in some Total Recall last night. Gets better every time I see it.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Titan A.E.

I thought it was cute, but the scientific failures of it (multiplying acceleration by µ? and then adding force?! where is your unit god now!?) kinda got on my nerves, as well as the shallow personalities.

But hey, I bet I would've loved it as a kid Wish I'd watched it ten years ago. Had a nice matrix feel, and I liked the music and the general premise~
    great film
    but i mean once we have maps on hands and aliens made of energy who just like to destroy things without a backstory you kind of have to give rubber science the go ahead too

Reservoir Dogs

Acting - Good

Dialogue - Awesome

Gore - Awesomesauce

I just re-watched this movie two days ago and was totally impressed by it.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    I just saw Extract, myself. I thought it was great. Not as memorable as Office Space or Idiocracy, but still a very good movie. It plays around with a lot of the contrivances that you've seen in hundreds of other movies in very unique and unexpected ways.
    I just got back from that myself, and I don't understand what you're getting at. To be honest, I thought it was Mike Judge trying too hard to make another Office Space and failing at it. I really didn't like it.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

The Taking of Pelham 123 confirms Denzel Washington as an absolutely brilliant actor to watch on-screen. John Travolta's role as "RYDER" synergizes just right with Denzel's Garber too.

Visually the movie tends to delve into heavy use of high shutter speed constantly which may put the watcher off a little... and the ridiculous premise of a high-speed cash transfer by car, though fun (and makes for some crash calls) is of course, ridiculous.

I actually saw Extract TWICE this weekend. It's that funny.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Titan A.E.

The force be with you if you ever see Star Wars. They refer to a parsec as a measurement of time.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

I recently watched Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance, and as a huge Evangelion fan I can say that I was very impressed. The story has been almost COMPLETELY re-done at this point and encourages viewers like myself to keep watching this series of films. The new storylines seem to have great potential and could end up being just as good as the original plot. Not to mention the updated animation is awesome! Rei seems to have more personality than before, which at first I thought I wouldn't like but in all honesty it isn't that bad. Both Rei and Asuka's feelings for Shinji are also more obvious this time around, which also isn't that much of a bad thing.

Overall I walked away from 2.0 a happy fan. That and District 9 are my two favorite movies this year.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

fewasdf
    Last edited by Nominus Experse; 03-17-2014 at 03:15 PM.

I saw Drag Me To Hell yesterday.

I think it's a delightful horror movie. Classic Sam Raimi in so many ways. It's wonderfully changes between being scary, funny and campy - and it just does such a good job at combining all of those things into something "B-movielicious" in all the right ways. None other than Raimi could have done it so well I think.

Julie and Julia. Streep once again AMAZING. Tucci was great too. Amy Adams is far too good for the part she played though. 3/5.
    I will never be a memory.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Watch it!

(500) Days Of Summer.

Its an amazing film. Its a Romance Comedy, and I thought it did the blend of a actual love story and comedy just right.

I love how the film is in non-Chronalogical order, The start of the film shows the Lead man unhappy (Day 468) then shows him just seeing the love of his life (Day 1). I like the transition between the days, when that particular day is happy, the background goes a green happy colour, but when its a bad day (Particularly days 300-489) it shows a morbid dark gray colour.

Out of 10, Id give it a 9/10.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post
    (500) Days Of Summer.

Its an amazing film. Its a Romance Comedy, and I thought it did the blend of a actual love story and comedy just right.

I love how the film is in non-Chronalogical order, The start of the film shows the Lead man unhappy (Day 468) then shows him just seeing the love of his life (Day 1). I like the transition between the days, when that particular day is happy, the background goes a green happy colour, but when its a bad day (Particularly days 300-489) it shows a morbid dark gray colour.

Out of 10, Id give it a 9/10.
    I totally want to see this! I'm pumped for it but will probably wait for dvd.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Final Destination

Overall: 4/10

To begin with, the writers pretty much follow the same formula they used for the other two. If you enjoy watching gore and violence you won't be disappointed. The movie features a barrage of scenes filled with horrible deaths in graphic detail. As with the previous films, a lot of people die from freak accidents, but a premonition from one sole person saves a select few people who then become personal targets of the grim reaper. As you can see, this has definitely become a rehash. I wasn't surprised by some of the deaths in the slightest bit like I was with a few scenes from the previous installments. With this one, you can pretty much expect who is going to die and when (and sometimes how) almost throughout the entire film.

On the other hand, the acting was horrible. In fact, some B movie horror film actors are better but hey, that's what you get for hiring no name actors. The only face I recognized was Nick Zano who is also in other crappy films like Beverly Hills Chihuahua and College. Bottom line is, don't go see this. It's not worth the extra money for the ticket to see it in 3D or at all for that matter. I can't say I'm too disappointed, however, because I didn't expect much from any of the three films. Yet, it was definitely great for a time killing (and I.Q. killing) movie -- for that reason I give it a generous score.

Just for fun, see movies I've rated lower than this:

Meet the Spartans: 2/10
    Zombie Nation: 1/10