Page 81 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3161717576777879808182838485868791101 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1961

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

We watched a few movies while having a couple of weeks off from work! Here's what I remember, off the top of my head...

Ponyo - 7/10 - Very Miyazaki. Good, but nothing amazing for me.
    Porco Ross - 8/10 - I liked this, it was a quality anime and different to what I'm used to when it comes to Miyazaki.
    Arrietty - 7/10 - I liked it, I just felt it needed a little something more to the ending.
    Easy A - 6/10 - Simple and predictable teen movie with some good comedy. Pretty straight forward for it's genre, but something to watch all the same.
    Your Highness - 7/10 - If only the humour was a little more high brow on occasion this would have been a lot better. The constant supply of toilet humour was a little disappointing, but I have to say that despite that, it was still entertaining. And bloody hell, I don't think Natalie Portman has looked better. And that's saying something.
    Super - 5/10 - I felt like this movie didn't know whether it should be a comedy or not. It showed shades of comedy moments, but never really went full-on with them like you would have expected. This left me feeling like it just didn't click with me in any particular way. Nothing I'd reccommend, but nothing I'd say "nah, don't see it" about either. There were moments I enjoyed, but moments I was bored, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From Dusk till Dawn 6,5/10

The movie started of funny witht he robbery etc etc. but when they came to that .. euuh Bar.. it became just silly. the vampires look horrible :P
    a magazine said u had to have a strong stomach for this movie. but thats not treu

.. George clooney looked Hot ^^

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A Woman, A Gun, and a Noodle Shop

6/10

The humor alleviated some of the more serious things occurring in the film which is what made it different from Blood Simple. It's a good take on a very good movie by the Coen Brothers, however, the antagonist wasn't as menacing and foul. I think what makes both movies good is that you really can't tell who is the "villain" really early on.

Coffee and Cigarettes

3/10

Pretentious, redundant, and stale.

Tales from the Hood

5/10

I saw this when I was younger and it scared the crap out of me. Now that I saw it at the age I am now, it's comical. The effects are so bad and the acting is horrible at some parts, but the actual stories are still good.

Death Bell (2008) - IMDb

Death Bell starts off really freaking good. It has the generic "foreign horror" feel, and a grand opening. We learn a little bit of how the main characters function, and we quickly realize who is going to die.

Death Bell is about a special class of students who reside in a haunted school. The ghost traps them in the school and starts picking them off one by one, in order of smartest in terms of marks.

You know how some movies may have weak openings, but finish extravagantly?

Direct opposite. This is a pos. :c

Got dragged to see The Ugly Truth.
    Baisically, it's a typical and slightly amusing RomCom. Nothing special about it, but quite enjoyable.

Blog Entries

Decided to give the Fangoria Fright Fest Collection a try, and I started out with "Pig Hunt".

Well, it wasn't terrible. It starts out pretty slow, but it slowly picks up speed midway through and never lets up. The killer hog itself looked completely laughable, but it honestly wasn't a bad movie. It had nice atmosphere and the cast did a respectable job.

"Road Kill" is next up from the collection.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Moneyball - It was nothing spectacular, but it was a good, solid movie, and it was about my A's!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Vampires Suck... that movie was horrible. It was just cheap gag after cheap gag...

The last movie I saw in theaters was The Change-Up. Quite honestly, I'm having trouble thinking of one person, or even type of person, I'd recommend it to.

The last movie I watched period? The Norseman, a neat gem from 1978. I recommend it to everyone who's not functionally disabled. It defines the "so bad it's good" genre. Seriously, I defy anybody to look it up on IMDB, read the reviews, and walk away without a sudden urge to go see it. And yes, it's every bit the movie the reviews are saying.

The last GOOD movie I watched? Hmm, probably X-Men: First Class. I'd give that one 8/10.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

The Lion King 3D. It's a classic, and for good reason. Hasn't aged a bit. 10/10

I saw The Ides of March tonight. I was expecting it to be a bit deeper, but the acting is pretty solid.

Hansel & Gretel, Korean horror - It was absolutely fantastic, I loved the twist of bright colours making things a little creepy rather than the usual dark and dingy thing. Really well scripted and really emotionally stirring. Recommended to everyone <3

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Dead Man's Shoes (2004)

Gripping revenge drama. The story revolves around a deranged soldier returning from duty to avenge his mentally challenged brother for the things a group of thugs did to him years back. This movie is so dark and original. The acting is superb throughout, particularly from the character lead Paddy Considine. A must see - the type of movie that has you from begining to end.

9/10

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

50/50

6/10

It was okay...I really wanna give it a 5, but it made me laugh at some parts so 6 should suffice. My friend and I agree that this film should be called "Seth Rogen Never Leaves Your House". A good mix of comedy with drama. Everything seemed to happen a bit too fast though, but I'm content with the way he dumped Bryce Dallas-Howard's character. The woman was such a *insert c word here*. The blunt old man was probably my favorite part of the whole film.

I saw 50/50 as well.

I wouldn't even rate it to be honest since it isn't like a typical film. It's a movie about a guy with cancer...and Seth Rogen is there to make a joke every so often. Seth Rogen was smurfing hilarious but I only liked the comedic parts of the movie. The drama wasn't anything special, but it definitely was not bad. It was just not a great movie overall. It was just comedy-drama-comedy-drama-comedy-drama. Dramadeys are just weird like that.

6/10 on the drama aspect
    8/10 as a comedy.