Page 92 of 131 FirstFirst ... 42728286878889909192939495969798102112 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1961

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Four Brothers

8/10

Must be my fourth time watching it. It is one of my favourite movies. It has action, sadness and some humor. I recommend it to everyone who have not seen this yet

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All the Real Girls - 4/10

This story started out incredibly cute with Paul Schneider and Zooey Deschanel and their "forbidden love" because Schneider is a rampant manwhore in their little southern town and Zooey is the younger sister of Schneider's best friend. I really liked the story up until about the middle when one of them acts out in a way that changes their relationship and from then on, it ended up being pretty uninspiring.

I found the ending was particularly disappointing - I had hoped for better with how the film started out but it didn't pull through for me.

The Amazing Spiderman - 8/10

I think this movie has been discussed enough in the thread for it I won't go into any real details here.

Edit: DAMMIT THE THIRD TIME I"VE DONE THIS!

This is Uncle Big Hands.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

captain america- 4/10.
    Sorry, but after seeing the genious that was the first Iron man, it's hard to take thor and captain america seriously.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Thor was pretty good for the mythology of it. I'm excited for Thor 2.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The Watch

7/10

Funny overall, but I don't like the character of Vince Vaughn very much. Some jokes miss, others hit, and all that. I liked the story, it's just the sort of plot you'll never buy from a more serious movie but for the comedy take on aliens and the whole neighborhood watch stuff with it's characters, I think it works great. Plenty of suggestive and explicit language/material for those of more sensible tastes.

Movie:

A Boy And His Dog

Review:

LOL

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yesterday I watched True Romance because it's Gary Oldman time and because I like Tarantino and this is an early Tarantino and because Christian Slater is kind of awesome.

The plot was basic but the dialogue was excellent, as one should expect. That being said, though the character development was so intense, the motivation was... absent. We want to sell you lots of cocaine so we can have lots of money. Also we're suddenly in love because we like kung-fu movies and pie. And cheeseburgers. You're sooo coooooool.

Best parts of the movie don't really involve much of Christian Slater, which is sad because I really do think he's a good actor. The scene with Drexl (Gary Oldman) and Clarence (Slater) sizing each other up and Drexl's abject violence at Clarence's insult was intense and funny at the same time. Similar was the scene between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken later in the film.

The best scene of the movie, though, is the ridiculous and grotesque scene in which Patricia Arquette as Alabama is mercilessly beaten by the mob hitter just to turn the tables on him and utter destroy him. Alabama is soft, sweet and fragile but when she needs it the grit really comes to the fore.

Overall I give it a 7/10.

Also I should come to the lounge more often.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

transporter 2 and 3
    7/10
    they are enjoyeble movies nothing special though :o

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moneyball

7/10

I normally don't like baseball movies especially ones with Kevin Costner in it, but this one took the cake and ate it. Loved how the actual baseball footage was incorporated with footage filmed for the movie. I thought the performances were strong. Brad Pitt continues to prove he's more than his hairstyles and expensive clothing. Not knowing the story beforehand, I had a little ounce of hope. The film was enjoyable and it was interesting learning about baseball statistics. How they pick their players was the most interesting. Players picked more for the most shallow reasons than their actual talent.

Total Recall... good action... awkward pacing... not my personal choice for casting... loved the car chase... robots? again?... story overall pretty good... setup horribly cliche... original is preferable.

Dark Knight Rises... awesome action... good pacing... good casting... how does Bane eat?... overall story good... conclusion of film satisfactory.

Also, I didn't actually watch it, but I somehow concluded it was better to insert it here rather than to start a thread asking whether anyone else has watched it this: Zokkomon

Ice Age 4 3D

It had some funny parts, but I expected more.

6/10

Flags of Our Fathers

Saw this on TV yesterday, it was pretty good. Heads flying around the battlefield and stuff.

8/10

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Legend of the Fist, Return of Chen Zhen

....ugh

Where do I start? Alright, I went into this movie expecting a cheesy martial arts super hero movie with one of my favorite martial arts actors (Donnie Yen, check out Ip Man on netflix, it's easily my favorite martial arts movie EVER). I got nothing even close to that. The beginning was promising, cheesy and epic as hell, and it was fun. The problem was, it tried to be so many genres at once. Let me list them off
    -War movie
    -Spy movie
    -Superhero movie
    -Martial Arts movie

It just did not work. The idea behind the Costume was stupid as hell and the costume itself was only onscreen for like 10minutes total. The spy movie part may have been better if it made sense in context. It threw the pacing off, especially after the fight scene in the first set. The movie was spread too thin, and tried to do too much. The final fight scene almost saved it though.It was epic, and fun to watch. Completely in contrast to the vast majority of the movie.
    I'd give a score but I don't really do scores anymore.
    So, it was sloppy, spread too thin, and very slow. I'll forget it in a couple days, and it won't be missed.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dead Man's Shoes

6/10

Very disturbing British film with an interesting twist. Of course, you'll probably figure out the twist before it happens, but I actually didn't figure it out until a few moments before it was revealed. Either way, I enjoyed the film. The acting was superb. Especially by Paddy Cosidine who is mainly known for his roles in comedic films like Hot Fuzz. He was great in this mystery/drama/thriller. This film is a revenge flick, but it's not full of gore like many American films of this genre. The only thing I wasn't so fond of were the extremely cryptic flashback sequences. Some of them were out of place, or just poorly constructed. Lastly, like most British films, you can tell the quality of their camera equipment. It's shot and looks like a typical BBC movie or 28 Days Later.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

happythankyoumoreplease
    10/10

Okay, so maybe more like a 8 or 9/10. I loved the fact that you are introduced to the main character, and then another character is introduced and you believe, "okay, this story is going to be about these two people." But the story goes on to introduce more characters that have their own separate storylines that all become important to you and they are all related because the characters know eachother and their stories interweave together somehow.

I loved the challenges that the characters were faced with and how they handled them. They weren't life-altering or serious world-ending changes - just life-in-general changes. I loved to see the development and how things popped up in each of their stories that you wouldn't have guessed would happen.

Also, Buster Bluth gives a speech that will make you fall madly in love with him. It sounds unreal, but just sayin'.