Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3262727677787980818283848586878892102 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1961

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Dead Man's Shoes (2004)

Gripping revenge drama. The story revolves around a deranged soldier returning from duty to avenge his mentally challenged brother for the things a group of thugs did to him years back. This movie is so dark and original. The acting is superb throughout, particularly from the character lead Paddy Considine. A must see - the type of movie that has you from begining to end.

9/10
    Just watched this. It was a great movie but I wouldn't give it a 9, a solid 7 seems fair.
    Also just watched Inception for the first time, I'd probably give that a 7 too.

Warlords starring Jet Li... depressing but well-put-together.

Cyrus starring Jonah Hill and that guy from Step-Brothers (not Will Ferrell), also Marissa Tomei... I thought it was supposed to be a laugh-a-minute. It was surprisingly slow and upsetting. I had a hard time watching it. In fact, I walked away from it on multiple occasions. I only finished it on principle.

Planet 51... not the first time I've watched it. Just as great as before. My parents also watched it for the first time though I could swear they've already seen it too.

Death Note and Death Note: The Last Name. Even though it leaves a lot to the imagination, I like the ending better than the first season of the anime. I also like better how most of the significant deaths are played.

City of Ember: well, I really didn't know what to expect of this movie to begin with, but I think it's worth watching. Fair entertainment... I wish Bill Murray had played a funny character instead of a corrupt jerkoff, but whatever.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

courageous- by the sae people who made facing the giants and fireproof. Very good father son movie. all mamebers, go see this with your father
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My wife and I watched Bridesmaids the other night. After hearing so many good things about it, I felt it was a let down. There were funny parts, sure.. but it was not the "female version of the hang over" that I kept hearing it was.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Transporter 7,5/10

Jason Statham fighting 10 man half naked and covered in oil... 'Nouf said!!

i liked the movie. there are 3 transporter films right?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Transporter 7,5/10

Jason Statham fighting 10 man half naked and covered in oil... 'Nouf said!!

i liked the movie. there are 3 transporter films right?
    Yup! And they're pretty much the same thing.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Frankenhooker

I don't even know what to say to this. The title should speak for itself. It prides itself on being absolutely gratuitous and ridiculous.

Swirlee

A short film which was actually going to be a feature that never got made. Basically a guy is half human and half ice cream cone. The make-up was done really well -- his face really did look like a cone. It stars David Caruso and the same guy from Frankenhooker. Good one-liners!

I own Frankenhooker on DVD.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Had a comedy night with my grandparents!

Horrible Bosses (5/10)

I was initially very put-off by how they made light of the fact that one of the characters was downright raped by his boss. Just because it's female-on-male doesn't mean it's any less horrifying. But it was otherwise pretty funny. And Jennifer Anniston was so good at portraying a rapist that despite watching every episode of friends ever, neither of my grandparents realized it was her until the end credits.

Morning Glory (10/10)

I loved pretty much everything about this movie. The actors and their characters were all great. And Becky is adorable.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Harold and Kumar: Something Christmas (I don't remember the name whatever)

4/10

It was crap. Dear movie industry. Stop making sequels unless you really take the top to harvest them. Stop making random things in 3D. Just stop. The only funny thing about this movie was little crack baby. She's a natural. The whole point of Harold and Kumar and even the second film Gutanomo Bay was loss. The whole social issue of racism was a bit loss in this film although they touched on it briefly with the father it seemed thrown together. They also did a piss poor job at explaining certain things. And of course, the lack of things actually being funny didn't make up for other things that were lacking. I would have at least excused that if it were more funny. There was hardly even NPH.

Saw Harold and Kumar as well.

6/10 but it was just as funny as the other two. And be ready for penis in your face. The entire NPH scene was the best part probably. The 3D in this movie was actually good. It was used with the intention of having stuff come out at you, which seems to be lost with all the other 3D movies that don't do jack. Like whenever they smoke weed the smoke comes out into the audience, I thought that was cool. The side characters weren't that funny. Except for the famous mexican dude.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny
    Coffee and Cigarettes
    Pretentious, redundant, and stale.
    Just reading the title makes me immediately know what you mean.

there was a picture here

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I watched contagion. 7/10

(SPOILER)It takes *some* liberties on science but on the whole if you accept that a virus can kill a host that quickly, then fine. Because of the speed of death, the transmission rate was low, but then was upgraded to some outrageous number - probably because everybody who was infected was near a large body of people. Whodathunkit.

Other than that, I had fun. I like sci fi with good science

There Will Be Blood
    9/10
    All I can say is it's such a beautifully done piece of cinema. I highly suggest watching it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Immortals

My expectations were exceded, though a trend that has already been exposed, the 3-D-ification of movies when it's completely unnecessary and barely noticeable and only a cashgrab... pissed me off.

Other than that it was a good movie, though a bit more exposition on Hyperion's motives, like a flashback or dream sequence would have been nice.