Page 99 of 131 FirstFirst ... 49798993949596979899100101102103104105109119 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1961

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Carlito's Way - 4/5
    A very predictable (for me, anyway - and I think in some cases it's supposed to be) but still really enjoyable film. I love watching Al Pacino movies, I don't think he's ever failed me. A solid 4/5.

Moonrise Kingdom - 4/5
    Such a quirky wee film, but I loved it. Perhaps more suited to a lazy Sunday afternoon than the evening when I'm ill, but yeah. Great acting, great little story. Reminds me a bit of other 'awkward romance' films but with a very fresh take on it. Edward Norton should do more comedy because I loved his character (but then, Edward Norton should do more everything).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm so glad you liked Moonrise Kingdom <333

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Outside of half of Tarantino's stuff, Citizen Kane, There Will Be Blood and Dr. Strangelove... there aren't too many movies that are widely considered to be great that I don't at the very least enjoy.

grave of the fireflies 5/5
    i didnt realise when i actually watched it its actually based on a true story. i never cry at films and this is actually an anime aswel but this got me its heartbreaking

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A Good Day to Die Hard

I was a bit disappointed with this one because Live Free or Die Hard was pretty good. Bruce Willis certainly showed his age here and the plot and villains were pretty mediocre. Action movies are not known for their plots but the Die Hard series always provided interesting situations for McClain to get himself into and the villains always had a certain charm. I think because this one took place in Russia it didn't have the same connection that the others did. It did take a while to get going too, but once it did, the action sequences were pretty spectacular and I could tell they were trying to top what had been done before. I liked it, but it was pretty unbelieveable, moreso than usual.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Two movies with the same theme: dumb teenage girls with no direction in their lives.

Clip (2012, Serbia)
    An entry in the film festival we had last year. A lot of penis sucking in this one, and the film end on quite an unresolved note. The protagonist is just as bad off as she was at the start of the film (or even worse), but we don't really see anything new developing in between. The whole thing feels like a gonzo style documentary on the depravities of bored lower-class Serbian youths.

Little Vera (1989, USSR)
    Decent film. It's interesting in how it shows the typical lifestyle of working class people in the Soviet Union in the 1980s and apparently it's one of the best selling Soviet films ever made. Like with the previous film, not sure what to make of the ending, but it does feel like more development has taken place over the course of the film. Contrary to Clip, no actual onscreen cock being shown which was a bit of a relief, as the film had more interesting dialogue instead.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The Hunger Games - 3/5
    It was very entertaining and all that, as you would expect of a movie of this nature. Just didn't score a 5/5 because it was clearly set up with sequels in mind. That's not a bad thing, but hey, if you cut a movie in half of course people aren't going to feel that it's been finished very well (unless it's really, really good). I gotta admit, I prefer Battle Royale and found myself thinking of it way too often. Actually, scratch the 4, I'm gonna make this one a 3 based on some of the many things I felt weren't done well (particularly the costume/culture/people in the "first world" of this creation). It's a harsh 3, but that's the nature of a rating out of 5 system that I prefer to follow.

Chinatown - 4/5
    Was great until the ending, which I felt didn't resolve the story in a way that I would have liked it to. Sadly, an unsatisfying ending is rather unforgiveable in my perspective and that's the end of that, I suppose.

Life of Pi - 5/5
    Really glad I watched this, it was a fantastic journey from start to finish.

Oz the Great and Powerful - 2/5
    I was hoping for a lot more from this, especially considering the source material they had to work with. Acting was bad, script was bad, visuals were bad (especially the make-up), and the story was lacking.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Tall Man-
    Really enjoyed this film. Jessica Biel usually does a terrible job, despite her stunning good looks, but she was excellent in this. Story-line was incredible with many twists and turns, the dying mining town was a believable example of many such towns around the world, dialogue was somewhat lacking at times but still decent, and the message of the movie was pretty hardcore. Excellent movie.
    5/5

Rio-
    Hated this movie, I love Jesse Eisenberg but this film was just godawful.
    2/5 (I'm being generous because some of the scenes were gorgeous)

The Prophet-
    I usually enjoy most movies that Christopher Walken is in but it didn't engage me in the first thirty minutes or so. Gave up but I've heard good things about it so I'll try again sometime.
    ?/5

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Had to watch Annie Hall in class today... That was a basket of dry cornbread.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

aww, I like Annie Hall

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

<b>Zero Dark Thirty - 3/5</b>

The first half hour or so of this movie was hard to watch with the torture scenes. I really thought the last act of the movie was well done. Even though I knew how it turned out, it still managed to be suspenseful.

<b>Les Misérables - 1/5</b>

I broke my no Russel Crowe rule by watching this movie... Actually, my wife and I are in the process of watching all the movies that were nominated for best picture this year.

This movie was 2 1/2 hours, it felt more like 5. Russel Crowe in extreme close up singing at me... It'll be a long time before I can get that out of my head.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    aww, I like Annie Hall
    Hey, what's wrong with dry cornbread?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hansel and gretel; witch hunters 6/10

im actually a bit annoyed that all the sudden ALL the fairy tales have to be 'pimped' into tough action movies (i still hate kirsten steward for raping Snow White, that was just horrible)
    But Hansel and gretel isnt all to bad, but its not that good either.
    a bit shallow movie wich seems to be more about the action and being bad-ass then anything else. but even though its an ok movie to watch. in did enjoy it