Page 67 of 131 FirstFirst ... 174757616263646566676869707172737787117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1961

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

King's Speech

Pretty boring. Had a hilarious scene in the middle but otherwise it was very slow and didn't build up to much at all. I really don't see why it won Best Picture or Best Director vs some of the other nominees. It had a great ending though.

8/10

127 Hours

Awesome. From beginning to end. Such coooool editing. At the beginning I was skeptical since it seemed to be trying to hard to be indie or something but it worked sooo well throughout the movie. Amazing original soundtrack too. The end was pure epic awesomeness.

9/10

Megamind

****/*****

Haven't been watching movies lately but this was a good animated movie with some laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    The Expendables 9/10
    When I saw Stallone, Statham, Li, Willis, and Austin on the cover, I didn't know what to expect. I hadn't read any reviews (although I had heard some disappointing reactions) and I hadn't even seen any previews, so I did have high expectations. Despite the fact that Stallone looks awkward during some of his action sequence, I generally loved this movie.
    CORRECTION: I DIDN'T have high expectations... heh.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I'm not sure if I ever seen the whole movie. Haven't seen it in years and it came on yesterday so I decided to watch it. Dull in some parts, but overall it was enjoyable. Can't rate this one, at least right now.

Last movie watched: Memento

Critique: Mindsmurf

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Frozen River

6/10

Heartbreaking, heartwarming, well-acted story of a working class, single mother and her adorable children. It's a simple story about racism, family, and poverty but with complex characters. Melissa Leo, who sometimes gets called a hammy actor, is great in this. Very subtle, but powerful.

I Spit in Your Grave

3/10

Wtf? Why do they keep remaking 70s horror flicks...this one had a lot of plot holes.

Wendigo

4/10

The special effects were pretty bad and there were some really boring moments, but decent for what it was. Well-acted for the most part.

Default Based On A True Story.

Unstoppable

*****/*****

Very suspenseful and great acting.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Catfish

8/10

Yeah, some what predictable after a while, but also suspenseful at same the time. It brought on the edge, and then tugged at my heart strings. Very telling about human condition and about media often being another form of escapism.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

gulivers travels.
    2.5/10
    do not watch unless you are 5 years old.
    the funniest part of the movie is jack peeing. im not joking.

tron
    7/10
    remarkable soundtrack accompanying a somewhat lackluster story and an ending that made me want to get my money back
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Soloist

7/10

Really good story, J.F plays a great insane hobo/musical genius

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

National Treasure II: The Book of Secrets

7/10

For the most part I really enjoyed this one, as I did the first one. However, I do think that the "book of secrets" part didn't make too much sense to the plot of the movie, and the fact that Ben set out to clear his family name kinda ended when he said he was going to do that. But as with the other one, a very good adventure, makes you kind of wonder and really fun.
    If no one has seen this one or the former, I suggest them highly.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The Illusionist

Not the live action movie, which is also good. This is an animated movie based on a screenplay by Jacques Tati. The main character is a magician named Taticheff (Tati's original name) who is working the dying vaudeville circuit in Europe and the friendships he makes. It's heartwarming, funny, and melancholy. It captures the essence of Tati's later works like Mon Oncle and Playtime.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Unbreakable Deathstar View Post
    The Soloist

7/10

Really good story, J.F plays a great insane hobo/musical genius
    You really liked it? I thought that Jamie and Robert did a great job, but I felt the director made some weird choices on how to transition scenes and it became boring after about 40min.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Room

2/10

The only reason I give this a 2 instead of 1 is because it so bad it was good. Good funny. Absolutely hilarious how the storyline and dialogue just kept repeating. What they could have done in 5-10 minutes in a short film they did in about a 100 minute feature. And don't even get me started on little things like actors hitting the boom mic and hearing the bump, etc. etc. the list goes on. "WHAT KIND OF DRUGS DID YOU TAKE" to make this film Tommy...

Bronson

5/10

The acting was really good. A very experimental biopic that I think left out too much about his life. I wasn't sure if the gay guys who kept appearing were in his head or actually there. There was a lot of homoerotic stuff going on so I dunno wtf.

Sudden Impact
    6/10

I think this is the last installment of the Dirty Harry series. It's always funny to me how everyone wants to kill him all the time even when he's on vacay. The last scene with Clint where we see his silhouette as he walks up and beasts four guys is just amazing. And then the scene that follows that with the last guy is just as epic. That will teach you to mess with his Bulldog, sucka.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    The Room

10/10
    Fixed.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "